Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Ideas

HI Guys

Advice needed please.Saturday new rad went in no problems have driven 74 miles on motorway and side roads no leaks.Tonight pulled up coolant coming out by the bottom hose (the small bridging hose that goes on the pipe)went back to the garage to get it sorted. Nothing not a drip only the over flow bottle was empty topped it up fine now.Never seen anything like this before .Checked again when cold and its ok.Just a bit paranoid or is it typical of these ace vehicles.Any advice would be appreciated many thanks.

ALZ

Maybe the hose clips weren't tight enough, or the heat has sealed the leak?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Maybe the hose clips weren't tight enough, or the heat has sealed the leak?
      Thanks good point i used the original spring clips.Is that an oops.

Comment

Originally posted by ALZ
        Thanks good point i used the original spring clips.Is that an oops.

Must admit where I have had cause to take any hoses off I replace the spring clips with jubilee clips as have problems with spring clips not selaing it correctly afterwards.

Also check level under rad cap, expansion bottle only holds a couple of inches of coolant anyway.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
          Must admit where I have had cause to take any hoses off I replace the spring clips with jubilee clips as have problems with spring clips not selaing it correctly afterwards.

Also check level under rad cap, expansion bottle only holds a couple of inches of coolant anyway.
          Alls fine under rad cap thanks,might change the spring clips this weekend if not happy.Good job I didnt re gas my air con.Thanks for the input.ALZ

Comment

Working...
          X