rear diff 3.9 wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear diff 3.9 wanted

hi, anyone out there know what model and year may carry a rear diff with the vin code starting G31 ???
    Last edited by burner; 5 March 2006, 14:24.

Originally posted by burner
    hi, anyone out there know what model and year may carry a rear diff with the vin code starting G31 ???

g31? = 8" 3.909:1

when i was sourcing a set of diffs for my 2nd gen i came across a few different axle codes but none with this one ...may be its a 3rd gen code!!! or even a pickup!!!

iam sure sombody will be along shortly to confirm either way.....
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

hi john
      what sort of ratios did you come across ??? im looking to lower the motorway revs and spoke to guy in oz who found 3.9 diff from a hiace which lowered it by 1000 rpm but he didnt know what model etc it came out of !!
      cheers Gary

Comment

Try this link and download the PDF file on diff ratios. A 3.9 will, I think, be hard to find. You will need front and rear and maybe they are not available in an 8" and 7.5". Never heard of anyone using this ratio on a Surf. What do you have now. Engine, transmission and ratio?

http://www.difflap.com.au/ratios.htm

Nev

Comment

hi nev
          its running a 5 speed diesel box mated to a rover 3.5 v8 with the 4.3 4 pinion lsd and 31 x 10.50 x 15 tyres .
          cheers Gary

Comment

Originally posted by burner
            hi john
            what sort of ratios did you come across ??? im looking to lower the motorway revs and spoke to guy in oz who found 3.9 diff from a hiace which lowered it by 1000 rpm but he didnt know what model etc it came out of !!
            cheers Gary

hi m8, the lowest diff ratio i came across for a second gen surf was 4.1. there was plenty of 4.3,s and 4.8,s but not much else.... may be a later surf would have a lower ratio. may be some of the 3rd gen owners would be able to help???
            CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

hi john
              i will keep searching , with the data on the site that nev showed me it would seem that the 4x2 pick ups and the hiace van run the 3.9 diff but this leaves what to do on the front ???
              cheers Gary
              Last edited by burner; 5 March 2006, 20:25.

Comment

Working...
              X