Rear Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Suspension

MOT has picked up rear suspension bush needs replacing . You can see that the rubber bush is being squeezed out of the bottom end of the shock absorber. Looks an easy enough job. Toyota EPC shows two half bushes in each side. Part seems to be Surf specific.

Typically, all parts suppliers were closed by 1pm yesterday so can't find out who would supply them. Can't see them listed at Milners. Has anyone bought and fitted any recently ?. If so, where from ?. Any problems doing the job ?

All help appreciated
    Last edited by crashyb; 5 March 2006, 10:18.

Originally posted by crashyb
    MOT has picked up rear suspension bush needs replacing . You can see that the rubber bush is being squeezed out of the bottom end of the shock absorber. Looks an easy enough job. Toyota EPC shows two half bushes in each side. Part seems to be Surf specific.

Typically, all parts suppliers were closed by 1pm yesterday so can't find out who would supply them. Can't see them listed at Milners. Has anyone bought and fitted any recently ?. If so, where from ?. Any problems doing the job ?

All help appreciated

AHA !. Just in case anyone else has the same thing, I can answer my own question now. The bushes are normally available from Milners for £1:50 each. I took their last two yesterday but they have some more on order. The job is very easy. Undo bolt through bottom of suspension, prize out the bushes, push in the new ones and tighten up again....simple as that. The bushes fit the original Toyota suspension.

Total cost to get through MOT for another year.....£3 + vat

Comment

I wish my rancho bushes were that easy! you have to take the shock out and put the bushes in with a vice!
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
      X