oil leak from diff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil leak from diff

I developed an oil leak on the front diff on the short side.

Has anyone had this problem and whats involved in sorting it out.
    ScubaSurf

The place to be is under the sea

Originally posted by Scubasurf
    I developed an oil leak on the front diff on the short side.

Has anyone had this problem and whats involved in sorting it out.
    no biggy, drive shaft off, pull out gear shaft (may need slide hammer, or two pry bars, its held on to the spider gears by a small clip. Not sure how much space you'll have leaving the diff in the car), pull seal, then punch in new seal, then gear shaft (shop manual recommends a new clip. Check there is 2 - 3mm of play in the axle direction, then check that the shaft will not come out by pulling by hand) and Bob's your cross-dressing aunty!

Job done!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      no biggy, drive shaft off, pull out gear shaft (may need slide hammer, or two pry bars, its held on to the spider gears by a small clip. Not sure how much space you'll have leaving the diff in the car), pull seal, then punch in new seal, then gear shaft (shop manual recommends a new clip. Check there is 2 - 3mm of play in the axle direction, then check that the shaft will not come out by pulling by hand) and Bob's your cross-dressing aunty!

Job done!

Thanks Tony Yours a star.

I had visions of pulling the the diff out and stripping it down. I like these surfs. there not to scarry to work on.

Robin
      ScubaSurf

The place to be is under the sea

Comment

ment to post this as well last night, but forgot! doh!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
        X