1992 recalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 recalls

I have a surf 1992 imported this year. Chassis Q-LN130W, this I find on a recall list for dodgey head gasket.
    I would like to contact toyota in Japan just for the crack to see if they would like to have anything to say about my engine that got so hot it melted the temperature sender and knackered the head and block, in fact rendered it completely useless!!!! NOT a happy camper!!
    Have you any suggestions ( I know I need a replacement engine) and am being quoted around £1500 delivered or do you buddies know anywhere a tad cheaper perhaps. Any recommendations would be gratefully recieved. Ta!!
    to much info
    0%
    just about enough
    50.00%
    too little info
    0%
    who cares
    50.00%

Toss a small block chevy in it!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by skiper210

I have a surf 1992 imported this year. Chassis Q-LN130W, this I find on a recall list for dodgey head gasket.
      I would like to contact toyota in Japan just for the crack to see if they would like to have anything to say about my engine that got so hot it melted the temperature sender and knackered the head and block, in fact rendered it completely useless!!!! NOT a happy camper!!
      Have you any suggestions ( I know I need a replacement engine) and am being quoted around £1500 delivered or do you buddies know anywhere a tad cheaper perhaps. Any recommendations would be gratefully recieved. Ta!!

See my post on this section for Toyota Uk customer relations, have just asked the same question and am waiting for a call back tel. No is on the post.
      If you get some bloke on the phone that says oh an import tell him he is a t**t and phone back again and speak to someone with a brain cell.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

I thought Toyota honoured warrenties etc no matter where the car/4x4 was bought, Toyota being a global company and all.....

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar
          I thought Toyota honoured warrenties etc no matter where the car/4x4 was bought, Toyota being a global company and all.....

You would have thought so, but as in my other post it was a local service recall and not a safety recall which goes out worldwide. The first plonker i spoke to basically said we are uk and its an import, i really couldn't get him to understand that he worked for a Japanese manufacture.
          So Toyota UK say they need to verify it was recalled and if Toyota Japan will give guidance on it as the lady i spoke to said we really don't have a clue.

Probably the only truthful words they have spoke to date.

Thats just blown me chances cause they wanted to know how i heard about the info, so i told them from the site and forum, probably get some snotty letter about using the Toyota logo on the site next.

So Toyota UK if you do read this i would like to say you have been helpful, considerate, kept me informed of whats happening since last wednesday, polite, knowledgeable & its nice to talk to people who know who they work for BUT I CAN'T
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Cant remember where l read it but the 2L-TE Surf was built for the Japanese home market and was not ment to be an exported model so in there eyes we have bought a vehicle that was not made for this country
            so they will not cover and heads blowing.
            But in the USA they purpuosly built the 3.0litre V6 engine for there climate hence why they repair any engines that go.
            Live Life To The Full

Comment

Yes but Toyota did intend the Hilux pickup with the 2.4td efi engine to be used in this country so I should give it a go. My engine is from the pick up and is identical to the one pulled from the surf !

Andy

Comment

Laugh!!

I nearly had a heart attack, I tell you that Toyota chap is a comedian and would be better off on stage.
                The Toyota was made in Japan and even if mr hushimoto brought it to the Great U.K. he would have no warrantee either, I was left wondering if this is told to every Jap customer when they purchase a Surf.
                Even though my motor has gone off with a pop and Toyota U.K. are Cr++p this Surf is brilliant and I will give her a new life some how and will write to Mr blowdamotor at the Toyota corp for his comments.
                will update as soon as!!
                Ta for yoyr suggestions so far.Have you any more? ( no not the obvious ones!!

Comment

info here http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/Forums/showthread.php?t=40

Comment

ive heard that toyota hiace uses same engine as the 2.4 surfs.
                    is this true? any comments on this one guys
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

I am told that you have to be very careful with the Surf as the U.K.Hiluxe engine is different in as much as the EFI is not fitted here so when you put a british engine in it will not run. Apparently you will have a large amount of swapping to do to adapt it.
                      I stand to be corrected on this or for this to be confirmed.
                      From the skipper.

Comment

Working...
                      X