antifreeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antifreeze

ive put 5 litres in my 2.4ssrx today i think max capacity is 10 litres in cooling system. does this sound about right 50/50 mix
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Yeah, sound right. I put 9.5 litres of coolant into mine last week! Thirsty bugger!
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

marky
      Yeah, that sounds right.Operate the front and rear heaters a time or 2, and keep your eye on the coolant level for the next week, just to be sure you got rid of all the air from the system.
      Pete

Comment

Sounds about right.

Just as an extra, just got some DEI (Design Engineering Inc.) Radiator Relief which I have heard great things about. Got a quart and put it in so I'll keep everyone updated as to any differences.

Two things I have noticed, it warms up quicker (a lot quicker) and the temp is showing about 1/16 inch less on the guage.

It's supposed to reduce temp by up to 30 degrees Fahrenheit and is compatible with all antifreeze types. Also supposed to reduce hot spots like water wetter.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by marky
          ive put 5 litres in my 2.4ssrx today i think max capacity is 10 litres in cooling system. does this sound about right 50/50 mix
          bit much for me, antifreeze is very searching, i always use 33% but its down to your own preference
          [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
          [size=5][/size]
          [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

thanks for the feedback guys. frost is on its way soon so i thought i'd get done ASAP
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Working...
            X