Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric fan for 4Runner?

Hello,

I'm debating if doing a resilicone to my fan (KZN-130) or getting rid of it and installing an electric fan...

I've read in US forums that the Ford Taurus fan fits well, but I wanted to know if somebody have tried with an european car fan... Any brands/models I can take the fan of a yard please?

David
    '94 4Runner 3.0TD - SAS'ed on 35's

Originally posted by Blizzard
    Hello,

I'm debating if doing a resilicone to my fan (KZN-130) or getting rid of it and installing an electric fan...David
    Keep the viscous fan. Electric are not recommended on the diesels.

Nev

Comment

Why not Nev?

I wanted to have the possibility to turn it off in the water crossings, with a buzzer or something simillar for not forgetting it off!

David

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard
        Why not Nev?

I wanted to have the possibility to turn it off in the water crossings, with a buzzer or something simillar for not forgetting it off!

David
        Im after the same sort of thing for my surf i have found a comapny called Rally Design in Faversham in Kent they do all sorts of electric fans push and pull. I think the viscous fan idea is $$$$ and am thinking of fitting a twin set up with manual override. the web addressis is WWW.RALDES.CO.UK goodluck.

Comment

i would rather keep the vicous fan they move more air than an electric one..
          CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

You already have a electric fan in front of the rad that comes on if the coolant temp goes over 100 deg, as well as the viscous fan on the pump, so not really any point.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              You already have a electric fan in front of the rad that comes on if the coolant temp goes over 100 deg, as well as the viscous fan on the pump, so not really any point.

i thought that was for the air conditioning or are they both wired in together one fan two jobs.

Comment

depends on where your aircon rad is.... mine is underneath so I have 2x airon fans under the engine, 1 x electric fan and 1 x viscous fan...
                that should do it
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by christopoher murphy
                  i thought that was for the air conditioning or are they both wired in together one fan two jobs.
                  its just a cooling system fan, some on here have done a small mod including myself, to wire a switch in to the cab thus allowing you to control the electric fan at a push of a button. good for traffic jams!!!!!

Comment

rip it off

my air con didnt work so ripped that off taken off, took off the v fan and fitted a kenlowe much less nose and no temp probs even towing a 2.5tonne load goo on do it

andy

Originally posted by slim
                    its just a cooling system fan, some on here have done a small mod including myself, to wire a switch in to the cab thus allowing you to control the electric fan at a push of a button. good for traffic jams!!!!!
                    I dont know only just got mine!

Comment

Originally posted by gluemixer
                      my air con didnt work so ripped that off taken off, took off the v fan and fitted a kenlowe much less nose and no temp probs even towing a 2.5tonne load goo on do it

andy
                      wot as that to do with the air con??????

Comment

nothing

Originally posted by slim
                        wot as that to do with the air con??????
                        nothing just thought i would tell u
                        I dont know only just got mine!

Comment

I've never heard the electric fan running, I tested it the other day, grounding it makes it start.

I've had some semi-overheatings, normally in long driveways going uphill and fast.

I've a manual so I think it isn't the trans cooler problem... The viscous makes something going 100-120km/h (60-75mph)? I'm not sure...

David

Comment

gluemixer, can you post some pics of the fan installed please? I'd love to see them.

Wich fan diameter did you fit? 16''?

David

Comment

Working...
                            X