Wheel bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel bolts

Hi,today I had my first puncture in 15 months of ownership,the wheels on my surf are different from my spare, my spare is the common 4 spoke style,but the fitted wheels are mmmm how can I discribe them,well they are full of holes,round holes.

I go to change it and find that the bolts holding it on the rear frame are different to the one's on the axles,I didn't fancy just using three bolts to fix the wheel on cos I was towing a 1 ton trailer so I called the RAC to take it and get it fixed.

So where can I get these said bolts from?the ones that go with the 4 spoke style wheels.Cheers

???? your spare should, if an original wheel, have six holes to locate it on the axle hub...... using the bolts already holding on punctured wheel..

or, am i missing something....

carl.....
    gettin coooooler... and dark....

Comment

Originally posted by surfcarl
      ???? your spare should, if an original wheel, have six holes to locate it on the axle hub...... using the bolts already holding on punctured wheel..

or, am i missing something....

carl.....
      Yup your on the right lines,To sound simple I need three bolts that fit a standard wheel,so I can use my spare,cos I do believe that my surf is fitted with aftermarket wheels that use different bolts.Where can I get standard bolts from?.Andy

Comment

Originally posted by andymalton
        Yup your on the right lines,To sound simple I need three bolts that fit a standard wheel,so I can use my spare,cos I do believe that my surf is fitted with aftermarket wheels that use different bolts.Where can I get standard bolts from?.Andy

I think the confusion here is that Andy seems to be referring to the wheel nuts as "bolts"

In fact the surf has "studs" and nuts are used to secure the wheel. The seat angle of the nut will depend on the aftermarket alloy and Andy seems to need genuine "nuts" to fit his spare onto the car as the aftermarket ones will have a different seat angle.

Hope this clears it up.
        Al.
        I used to have a surf me!

Comment

ahhh, i stand corrected....... and there,s me watched the tyre fitter put 4 new tyres on, aswell.... i feel like a

carl......
          gettin coooooler... and dark....

Comment

Some after market alloys use a different shape of wheel nut Try http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1 As they are breaking some
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

You can get standard wheel nuts from here.....

http://www.milneroffroad.com/Surf.htm

Comment

Some great info there,thanks.Andy

Comment

Yo, I found the proper nuts on a toyota Celica in the s****pys.

Worth a look.

Derek

Comment

Working...
                  X