Wide Body kit help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wide Body kit help needed

I currently own a 1995 Toyota 4Runner (Surf) that I plan on keeping for quite some time. I have always liked the look of the wide body kits, but they were not a factory option for the 1990-1995 4Runner (Surf) in the USA. I recently purchased a used kit (got to love ebay), but need some help with installation. I thought it would be a simple bolt on kit, but it appears that some additional holes will need to be drilled, and I will need additional installation hardware (grommets, clips, etc.). If anyone has pictures or diagrams of how to properly install the fender flares I would greatly appreciate it.

Also if anyone has an extra set of factory running board end caps they would like to sell and ship to the USA (front and back, both sides) please let me know. The end caps for the USA 4Runner will not work with the wide body kit.

Thanks

Originally posted by KarlS
    I currently own a 1995 Toyota 4Runner (Surf) that I plan on keeping for quite some time. I have always liked the look of the wide body kits, but they were not a factory option for the 1990-1995 4Runner (Surf) in the USA. I recently purchased a used kit (got to love ebay), but need some help with installation. I thought it would be a simple bolt on kit, but it appears that some additional holes will need to be drilled, and I will need additional installation hardware (grommets, clips, etc.). If anyone has pictures or diagrams of how to properly install the fender flares I would greatly appreciate it.

Also if anyone has an extra set of factory running board end caps they would like to sell and ship to the USA (front and back, both sides) please let me know. The end caps for the USA 4Runner will not work with the wide body kit.

Thanks

Hi there and welcome to blightey!
    Most of us over here use two websites for kit mainly

www.toyotahilux.com and www.milneroffroad.com anf finally good ole ebay!
    Gaz

Comment

Hey Karl.
      Here is a photo of the wheel arch with the flare removed. As you can see there are two holes for clips to pass through, and also it looks like a slight body modification. The rest of the flare is just screwed to the lip of the wheel arch if that helps.
      Attached Files

Comment

I may have more work ahead of me than I thought. Attached are a couple of pics of the front flare, looks like the flares that I have may be a little different. Let me know if your flare attaches in the same manner. I understand the bolts going through the lip, one going through the fender, but there are three other places to attach that I do not understand (grommet, etc.).

Thank you for your help.
        Attached Files

Comment

See photo..........I do not have the plastic pieces on my flares that you have on yours. They just bolt onto the fender, from behind into plastic captive nuts. With yours, I would drill four or five small holes around the fender lip and fix the flare to the fender with self tapping screws, with a bead of silicone along the edge where the flare touches the fender. That should hold them on securely.
          Attached Files

Comment

cannot view these pics???

Any reason I am not able to see these pics? Is it my settings or something or are they simply too old? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by blakegeee
              Any reason I am not able to see these pics? Is it my settings or something or are they simply too old? Thanks

Nothing to do with your settings, the forum was attacked by a virus of some kind and a lot of the images vanished!

Comment

Hi KarlS,
                I was wondering if you needed a bracket to secure the front flares? I am also curious about the Wide Body flares on US 4runners. Were there any other difficulties? Also what are the flares made of, fiberglass? Thanks for anything you can tell me about the install.

Comment

Hi KarlS,

I've just removed a pair of stock running boards from my wide body surf.

You can have the end caps for £20 + shipping if you want them. (Paypal is good)

Will post pics on Monday - they're at my work.

Cheers,
                  Rob.

edit: forgot I had this pic of my surf on the pc...
                  Have ringed the bits I'm guessing your after.
                  Last edited by wishbone; 10 June 2007, 01:14.

Comment

Working...
                  X