Cage for radio/cd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cage for radio/cd

Hi all, wonder if any one could help me, I have a friend who is buying a surf just in from Japan, and guess what? the radio and cd player along with the holding cage seems to have dissapeared between here and there, ( I got mine from the same source and it was exactly the same but the clock had gone as well on mine. We are both SSRX 3.OTD 130. fortunatly for me the cage had not been taken out of mine, could anyone point me toward (a) a new or second hand clock,and a radio / cd holding cage for my mate , ( who will soon be joining us here).
    Thanks friends,
    Workin Surf

Originally posted by The Saddlemaker
    Hi all, wonder if any one could help me, I have a friend who is buying a surf just in from Japan, and guess what? the radio and cd player along with the holding cage seems to have dissapeared between here and there, ( I got mine from the same source and it was exactly the same but the clock had gone as well on mine. We are both SSRX 3.OTD 130. fortunatly for me the cage had not been taken out of mine, could anyone point me toward (a) a new or second hand clock,and a radio / cd holding cage for my mate , ( who will soon be joining us here).
    Thanks friends,
    Workin Surf
    I should have a clock, not sure about the cage bit, what parts do you mean, there are normally two brackets that bolt to the radio and hold the radio in, or the two bigger parts that go from the floor to the dash support bar that you bolt the former parts to?
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

You should be able to get a cage for the radio from halfords or any car audio shop.
      As for the Surf clock, I will be taking mine out soon as I have a different one to replace it with in a more obvious position.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        You should be able to get a cage for the radio from halfords or any car audio shop.
        As for the Surf clock, I will be taking mine out soon as I have a different one to replace it with in a more obvious position.

I took my surf to Halford to but and have fitted a Radio/CD player and the fitter said that I would need the brackets which hold the radio in position before he could go ahead and was told to try the local Toyota dealer. Before doing that I went back to the guy I bought it from and he took the brackets out of another surf he had for sale, so I am assuming that Halfords dont do the bracket kit, ( I might be wrong as I am in the back end of nowhere, so the fitter might not have been up to speed!! ??)
        So anyway its the brackets that hold the radio in the dash,as my mate says all he has is a gapeing hole with nothing to fit the radio to !!.
        Bushwhacker if you could let me know how much and where and when to send the money to I would gladly take your clock off your hands.
        Be glad to get one fitted , with the tints on my surf am having trouble telling whether its day or night!!!

Workin Surf

Comment

The cage was missing from mine when I bought it, although I didn't discover that until I pulled the bottom of the dash off to fit the new radio.

Much coughing later, I realised that the stereo I'd bought will, with a little persuasion, slide in and out of the hole in the dash so decided not to bother with the cage but to leave the unit loose.

The radio is too tight a fit to slide out of its own accord BUT it means I can take it out while the vehicle's parked which mine is for days at a time.

Comment

missing cage

I also went to Halfords because the cage was missing. They were not much help, the radio seems to be to wide for the hole so you can't put a standard cage in. Even if you did the radio only fills half of the hole. Any idea's?

Comment

Cage for ICE radio / CD / CB ?

Hi all,
              Only just read this...Think some of you maybe need to phone a supplier like this one :-

http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Car_Stereo_fitting_kits.htm

You would need to match the cage /chassis with the actual make of radio...OR buy the "Universal" cage from this firm, £4.75 doesn't sound much when you talk quickly eh ?

Peter w
              Last edited by Uplander; 28 February 2006, 00:10.

Comment

Working...
              X