general maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• general maintenance

Well took the last of my hols this week and thought I'd get round to those jobs been on hold.

Lubricate all sealants with Silicone Lubricant
    Lubricate runners etc with Spray grease
    Change the Diff Oil
    Put a new Electrics Bracket on the towbar as its nearly ripped through with off-roading

Various other bits n bobs

I now feel greased up, stinking of both Grease and Diff-Oil [the worst].....cut half the skin of a finger as I had to use a breaker bar to get the bolts undone on the diffs as they were on so tight...and ended up bashing my hand against the cross-member

Must be getting me back for all the off-roading put it through
    Gaz

You know you've done a good job when you are missing three knuckles and have dirt ingrained under your nails

My work always look at me funny when I turn up on a Monday after having worked on some mechanics at the weekend.... I work in an office in the city and people just aren't used to seeing Real Working Hands!
    I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by mooter
      You know you've done a good job when you are missing three knuckles and have dirt ingrained under your nails

My work always look at me funny when I turn up on a Monday after having worked on some mechanics at the weekend.... I work in an office in the city and people just aren't used to seeing Real Working Hands!

True...I believe everyone in work puts their vehicle into the garage, even for basic items like changing the oil or bulbs.

I usually get Whats the matter? the vehicles clean! and thats from the MD and Directors..everyone else says disgusting and I have to ensure I can park away from them all in the carpark so their clothes dont get covered in mud.
      Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
        I now feel greased up, stinking of both Grease and Diff-Oil [the worst].....cut half the skin of a finger as I had to use a breaker bar to get the bolts undone on the diffs as they were on so tight...and ended up bashing my hand against the cross-member
        Lump on head and loss of blood means you did it properly............

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
          Lump on head and loss of blood means you did it properly............

Came very close on several occassions against the bash plate when freeing up the drain plug on the front diff.
          Gaz

Comment

Working...
          X