torsion bars, ride height and pulling to left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torsion bars, ride height and pulling to left

I recently lowered front of 4runner, having cranked it up via torsion bars.
    I lowered it as havent found anywhere yet to adjust camber/castor, which goes out when you raise front.
    I made sure ride height was back to spec, - which it was and is
    when i find a place conventient to check/adjust camber etc i will crank up again.

However, one thing I have always noticed, when i jack the front of 4runner up on a level surface, via exact CENTRE of the front crossmember, the left side wheel always leaves the ground first, and is about 1cm up before other side lifts.
    wonder if this is why truck pulls to left? - even though ride height level

and what can i do about it if ride height is fine????

I measure that by making sure that ground-to-lower-wishbone-bolt centre is same and also checking ground to crossmember height same
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

i was adjusting my bars also and noticed that the passenger side front wheel lifted before the drivers side but my surf pulls to the right. I lifted the height up about 2" and noticed the camber was really bad so dropped it back down to 14" and its much better, When it was high it felt sorta "flappy" or nervous like it was going to tuck going round bends.

I've had the wheel alignment done twice and it still pulls and i've replaced the steering idler which made no difference. just ordered balljoints so i'll see what sorta difference they make. At £90 odd quid it better make a goodun!
    Fuzzy wuzzy wuz a woman??

Comment

Working...
    X