my brake warning light has flashed a couple of times in the last few days,
    (the one that comes on with the handbrake) (P)BRAKE

now, is this

low fluid?
    brake pad/shoes low?
    dodgy handbrake switch?
    or
    something else completely?

i haven't had time to look cos i've been on long week this week.

cheers dudes!!

p.s. it's a 3rd gen
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

On a 2nd gen, its fluid level, low vacuum or dodgy handbrake switch. No pads worn light, they make a squealing noise as wear indicators.

Dunno how different a 3rd gen is.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      On a 2nd gen, its fluid level, low vacuum or dodgy handbrake switch. No pads worn light, they make a squealing noise as wear indicators.

Dunno how different a 3rd gen is.
      i'll check it all on the weekend gotta fit all that oily stuff and filter crap i bought off milners anyway... it's probably the "dirt in drum" warning light!... maybe i;m too lazy for this maintenance lark!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

My handbook thing says wot tony said about the warning light. It also says it comes on if the brake pads are worn but when I had the wheels off last week, I couldn't see any wiring except for the abs sensor

I serviced mine last weekend - was so easy! Is this the first service you've done on yours? If so, here's a tip: When removing the filter, there's a small tray for oil from the filter to drain into, so it doesn't go all over the place. This tray drains through a small black pipe, the end of it should appear near the sump drain plug. Make sure you can see the pipe and put something under it to collect the oil. Mine was pushed up on top of the skid plate - would have been messy if I hadn't known to look for it!

Comment

Working...
        X