Brakes Juddering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes Juddering

4 Months ago i thought the front discs were warped on my 1993 2.4 so i got some new ones and pads from Milners which were professionally fitted by my trusted mechanic.
    I have noticed over the last month that they are starting to judder again and that if i brake hard for any reason the brake pedal pumps rapidly under my foot and the car pulls violently to the left.
    It's worse if i am descending a big hill and the brakes get hot. I use cadence braking a lot when doing this to prevent the brakes from overheating but does anyone think i should have my calipers cleaned and re-lubricated and the brake fluid changed or is the opinion that there is something more serious afoot?
    Cheers

Paul.
    French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Originally posted by Pauleds
    4 Months ago i thought the front discs were warped on my 1993 2.4 so i got some new ones and pads from Milners which were professionally fitted by my trusted mechanic.
    I have noticed over the last month that they are starting to judder again and that if i brake hard for any reason the brake pedal pumps rapidly under my foot and the car pulls violently to the left.
    It's worse if i am descending a big hill and the brakes get hot. I use cadence braking a lot when doing this to prevent the brakes from overheating but does anyone think i should have my calipers cleaned and re-lubricated and the brake fluid changed or is the opinion that there is something more serious afoot?
    Cheers

Paul.
    Have your pads worn again?? if so they could be scoring the disks. Tis would cause the juddering you are describing

if not have your calipers done.. one of the pistons could be stuck causing premeture wear on the disks

hope this helps

Joe112
    Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Sounds like one of the pistons is sticking in the caliper. I think you can get replacement seals from Milners.
      Or could also be a warped disc again.

Comment

Best i let him have a look then.

thanks guys

Comment

About six months ago my trusted mechanic ( ) fitted Milners calipers, discs and pads on Linda's truck.

It now has a set from Roughtrax on it.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Where does he live then???????!!!!

Comment

Go on then Tony......why?

You might be able to save me some time and expense.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauleds
                Go on then Tony......why?

You might be able to save me some time and expense.
                I guess they where ****! One for the new calipers was tight and it was pulling to the left again, the piston was going rusty already. the discs where probably OK they were grooved quite bad but we had done a lot of gritty offroading them so couldnb't really make a fuss, but we just changed everything cos after ****py bearings and CV's in the summer we were getting pi$$ed of with them and just automatically get stuff from Roughtrax now.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for that mate, i may consider doing the same.

Comment

just stripped and cleaned the calipers and relubricated them. No real scoring to the discs and loads of life left in the pads, suspension components ok too.
                    Seems a lot better just for doing that.

Comment

Working...
                    X