KZN 185 Replacement Windscreen...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KZN 185 Replacement Windscreen...?

Just had someone bounce off the central reserve firing bits of ****py vauxhall over my truck (KZN185) - front screen cracked, but no other visible damage as yet...

Anyone know if the KZN 185 is a readily available replacement screen with insurance recognised fitters???

Thanks in advance......

Damon

Originally posted by kite surf
    Just had someone bounce off the central reserve firing bits of ****py vauxhall over my truck (KZN185) - front screen cracked, but no other visible damage as yet...

Anyone know if the KZN 185 is a readily available replacement screen with insurance recognised fitters???

Thanks in advance......

Damon
    Hi

NO it's not, I had quite a saga when mine was needing replaced ( there's a thread on here about Aug / Sept 2005)....You need to make sure they go to Toyota for the screen, which they will detest..reason being there own "in-house" ie non OE screen dont physically fit....I spent three weeks while they p****d about having told them what to do on day 3....they bought a toyota one with the correct tint at the end...

peter ( PM me if you wish to know the name of the nationwide firm to avoid, I cannot publish their name as they will prolly sue

Comment

Hi Uplander,

Figured as much...can you drop me a mail on the company to avoid, as my account appears to not allow PM's?!

damon.buckle@whsmithnet.co.uk

I am always worried about the bonded windscreens as they never stop leaking after replacement in my experience! (Again another big national firm!)

Cheers

Damon

Comment

4wd

Hi Uplander,

Figured as much...can you drop me a mail on the company to avoid, as my account appears to not allow PM's?!

damon.buckle@whsmithnet.co.uk

I am always worried about the bonded windscreens as they never stop leaking after replacement in my experience! (Again another big national firm!)

Cheers

Damon
        hello mate new to the site just bought a hilux surf 2.4td 1992 model and it will only go in 4wd is this normal or have i got a fault.

Comment

4wd selection

Hi Brian,

Can you elaborate a little...

It only runs in 4wd, not 2wd?

Will it not switch with the electronic button?

Will it not switch 2 to 4 with the low range smaller lever?

Regards

Damon

Comment

Hi Brian,

Can you elaborate a little...

It only runs in 4wd, not 2wd?

Will it not switch with the electronic button?

Will it not switch 2 to 4 with the low range smaller lever?

Regards

Damon
            well the small 4wd lever will go back 1 click or forward 1 click and neutral is in the middle ,it will work on either click but not in neutral ,were is the electronic button for 2wd.thanks for the reply mate.

Comment

Thanks in advance......

Damon
              When Matt (da big man) had his screen replaced he said it was the same screen as a late Hilux pickup (mk4 I think, 1997-2001).

Comment

Can you send me a photo of the gear levers as there are a few different systems?

There should be a short gear lever to the left of the main gear lever. The left lever should give you High 2/4wd (normal position), H4L (high speed locked diffs - not for tarmac), Neutral and L4L for Low Range Locked Gears (offroad below 30mph, automatically in 4wd)

In H2/4, you should have a button on the side of the smaller lever which operates 2wd and 4wd (i think 4wd is pressed in).

If you are driving a 1st or 2nd Gen (2.4 or earlier 3.0 model) you shouldn't use 4wd on tarmac as it will shred tyres and gears! (only 3rd gen post 1996? can do 4wd on tarmac as far as i'm aware)

Only shift 2-4wd with button at lower than 50mph ish.
                Only shift small gear lever when main lever in neutral and moving at lower than 5mph ish.

Lights on dash should indicate in green which wheels are activated (back or all four) The lights flash if in the process of changing between 2 and 4.

If 2 to 4 button takes a while (lights flashing) try reversing or coasting in neutral, as the gears have bound up a little causing too much pressure to drop out.

They are all a variation on these, but from memory some of the models have less options on the smaller lever.

Regards

Damon

Comment

the switch/button is on the hi/lo gearstick, nearest your left knee
                  carl....
                  gettin coooooler... and dark....

Comment

Windscreen

Originally posted by Rob
                    When Matt (da big man) had his screen replaced he said it was the same screen as a late Hilux pickup (mk4 I think, 1997-2001).
                    Hi Rob,

Did he get it from Toyota then or just a std fitter?

Da Slug Man? or Da Big Man?

Cheers

Damon

Comment

Originally posted by brian88883
                      well the small 4wd lever will go back 1 click or forward 1 click and neutral is in the middle ,it will work on either click but not in neutral ,were is the electronic button for 2wd.thanks for the reply mate.

For normal 2wd operation, small lever pulled back button on the side out. There should be no green 4WD light on, on the dash. If the green 4wd light is on, and the short lever is pulled back with the button out, put truck into drive and move forwards a little, 4wd light should go out.

Comment

Originally posted by Uplander
                        Hi

NO it's not, I had quite a saga when mine was needing replaced ( there's a thread on here about Aug / Sept 2005)....You need to make sure they go to Toyota for the screen, which they will detest..reason being there own "in-house" ie non OE screen dont physically fit....I spent three weeks while they p****d about having told them what to do on day 3....they bought a toyota one with the correct tint at the end...

peter ( PM me if you wish to know the name of the nationwide firm to avoid, I cannot publish their name as they will prolly sue

Ooh, ooh! tell me, I'll name and shame them, ***k 'em!

Comment

You need to check which model Bushwacker, coz they do vary - mine is forward and button out! (H2/4) as was my previous truck!

Photo would help if there are no letters on smaller gear lever to confirm...

Rgds

Comment

The guy who's askin' has a 2nd gen the same as mine.

Comment

i've gone through two windscreens now - both times i used autosceens direct and no problem - they came and fitted it next day - i also believe that it is a late model pick up windscreen

Regards,

alex

Comment

Working...
                              X