No Hot Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Hot Air

I have a 1992 2.4 Turbo Ute, When I select demist,air to upper etc air comes from the appropriate areas(that bit is fine) however when selecting heat,even at the hottest setting, no heat happens. Checked cables and the valve on the firewall works,there's water in the heater pipes.The valve under the dash (seen from passengers side)seems to work fine. Help with this would be greatly appreciated

Originally posted by Cayuga Duck
    I have a 1992 2.4 Turbo Ute, When I select demist,air to upper etc air comes from the appropriate areas(that bit is fine) however when selecting heat,even at the hottest setting, no heat happens. Checked cables and the valve on the firewall works,there's water in the heater pipes.The valve under the dash (seen from passengers side)seems to work fine. Help with this would be greatly appreciated
    You say there is water in the pipes. Is it hot (feel the pipes as they go into the bulkhead. I have a feeling it will be an airlock. If the pipes are cold but the engine is not overheating then the airlock is somewher in the block and will best be cured by draining the complete system down with all heater controls open and then refilling it slowly with the correct mix of water and antifreeze. Run the engine with the radiator cap off untill it starts to warm up and the thermostat opens, top up as neccessary. By filling slowly you should remove the airlocks however the heater controls must be open.

If the pipes are hot but there is still no heat in the cabin then there may be an airlock in the heater matrix or the pipes. You may be able to remove this by removing one of the heater pipes and letting the water flow through while topping up through the readiator cap.

If this doesn't work, the next thing is to do a good flush of the whole system best accomplished by removing the top hose and putting a hose in it and packing with rag (also remove the thermostat for this stage). Remove the bottom hose and turn the water on full pressure. Then turn the hose around and do the same through the radiator. do this for at least 10 minutes each way and hopefully any crud will be removed. If the water doesn't circulate while flushing then you have a blockage (fairly rare).

Hope that this helps
    Cheers

Comment

No Hot Air

Thanks for your advise Lucky. The pipes engine side of the firewall get hot but that's as far as it gets.Ihave the next 2 days off so I'll do the full flush number and let you know the results Once again thanks

Comment

Thanks for your advise Lucky. The pipes engine side of the firewall get hot but that's as far as it gets.Ihave the next 2 days off so I'll do the full flush number and let you know the results Once again thanks
        Good luck with it, sounds like the air is in the heater matrix or it is blocked.

Cheers and good luck

Comment

Major embarrassment abounds... I took your advice Andy.I live in the country,the water supply is tank via electric pump. so I removed hose from heater valve,connected 18mm garden hose to valve,opened heater tap & radiator cap,turned tap on and I was rewarded with a good water flow quickly followed by some air bubbles.A few minutes later all water no bubbles.. thought beauty,replaced hoses ,cleaned up and tried the heaters....NOTHING...Decided on further investigation,removed the panel directly below the ashtray..At this point I saw the cable inner lying right next to the pin it was supposed to be connected to. Thanks for your input anyway Regards Anton. Oh by the way fabulous heaters now.

Comment

Major embarrassment abounds... I took your advice Andy.I live in the country,the water supply is tank via electric pump. so I removed hose from heater valve,connected 18mm garden hose to valve,opened heater tap & radiator cap,turned tap on and I was rewarded with a good water flow quickly followed by some air bubbles.A few minutes later all water no bubbles.. thought beauty,replaced hoses ,cleaned up and tried the heaters....NOTHING...Decided on further investigation,removed the panel directly below the ashtray..At this point I saw the cable inner lying right next to the pin it was supposed to be connected to. Thanks for your input anyway Regards Anton. Oh by the way fabulous heaters now.
            Heh happens to us all at one time or another. Glad you got it fixed.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X