turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo

hi fellas can anyone tell me how to remove the turbo as the turbo to exhaust gasket has blown so i need to replace it is it a big job or easy im not too bad at most mechanical things.its a 92 2.4 ln130.
    cheers
    mick

Hi Mick,

Don't know if this is any help, but have look here for some details on turbo removal. They seem like helpful chaps..

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsit...oveinstall.htm

Good luck
    Mac The Wac

Comment

turbo

Originally posted by trekjock
      Hi Mick,

Don't know if this is any help, but have look here for some details on turbo removal. They seem like helpful chaps..

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsit...oveinstall.htm

Good luck
      cheers for that this is a great help
      thanks again
      mick

Comment

turbo job done

Originally posted by mick19691
        cheers for that this is a great help
        thanks again
        mick
        thanks for all the info fellas the job is done id forgotten what my surf really sounded like with that gasget blowing for so long and inproved power
        cheers
        mick

Comment

You're a modest man Mick, I'd bet you know more than I've forgotten. How did the surf sound and how did you diagnose the problem?

Comment

turbo

Originally posted by JimL
            You're a modest man Mick, I'd bet you know more than I've forgotten. How did the surf sound and how did you diagnose the problem?
            sounded like a bag of spanners,was ashamed to put my foot down when anyone was about also.
            was blowing soot all over the heat shields around the turbo,also lack of power,now it sounds great really smooth,and inproved power
            ps gasget was £7.65 from toyota
            mick

Comment

Working...
            X