Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind deflector clip broken

Happy New Year to everyone.

Driving home on the motorway the other evening there was a loud flapping noise coming from the drivers side window. The metal clip that holds the wind deflector at the front end had snapped and the whole deflector was about to be ripped off. I opened the window slightly and managed to hold it while I drove the last few miles of my journey.

Is it possible to buy and fit the metal clips? I have mannaged to remove the complete clip and pop rivet from the deflector without any damage.

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards

Try A Toyota dealer. The deflectors on mine are genuine Toyota, so they may sell the clips.
    When I fitted mine. I ran a thin bead of clear silicone around the edge of the deflector where it touches the door as extra security against coming loose. Stops the rattles too.

Comment

Where are you,

I have a complete set of genuine toyota wind deflectors in the shed somewhere

Comment

dave

got a radio in there as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
          Where are you,

Thanks for your help. I'm in North Wales. I dont really want to replace the set. It is just one clip that has broken. Will try a main dealer.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
            Where are you,

how much do you want for the deflectors??

Comment

Not much, say four bottles of beer. but the problem is they would be a heck of a thing to ship. the front ones are quite fragile off and are remarkably long when you see them not attached.

I'm afraid they would only be available to someone who could arrainge collection. having said that i am just off the M6 J18 if anyone is heading up to the lakes or whatever.

Comment

And they've gone.....

Comment

Working...
                X