Rear wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear wash

Hi, merry christmas. Quick help needed. Is there only one single pump that drives both the front and rear washers. Has anyone every chased the water line back from the rear wash, if so where does it go. rear waser is blocked but front works fine, any advice much appreciated. is it easier to get at the water pump from underneath?

regards

All you need is a needle and poke it into the squirter to clear it.

Comment

thanks, I did this and its not the problem so its either a blockage in the pipe or a pump problem.... i think

Comment

All lines go back to the front washer bottle....other than that cannot assist
        Gaz

Comment

The pipe goes up inside the widscreen pillar and along the roof edge to the rear washer. It's most likely the last couple of inches at the back are blocked, so I would start from there.
          If you have access to compressed air, pull off the pipe from the pump, and blow it through from the rear washer jet.

Comment

Check that the pipe that feeds the rear washer has not come
            away from the main washer bottle

poppy
            GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

I had this problem with mine when I first got it. There's a non-return valve in the last few inches of the line at the back under the plastic panel on the headlining. Mine had some sort of gunk blocking the n/r valve. Once cleared out it works fine. You can test the rear washer pump by pulling the pipe off before the n/r valve and checking if it works by putting the outlet in a cup or bottle to catch the fluid.
              Mike G

Comment

Working...
              X