missing Fuel heater Fuse ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing Fuel heater Fuse ?

following on from the smokey starting post....

I have noticed that the 80A Glowplug fuse has blown , has anybody replaced this before as i cannot get the fuse out?

I have also noticed that my car seems to be missing a fuel heater fuse from the same engine fuse box, does anybody know if they have one fitted to there surf?

Originally posted by dforsdike

I have noticed that the 80A Glowplug fuse has blown , has anybody replaced this before as i cannot get the fuse out?

I have also noticed that my car seems to be missing a fuel heater fuse from the same engine fuse box, does anybody know if they have one fitted to there surf?
    Its bolted in from underneath, PITA job to remove and turn the fuse box over to get at. Its in a removable bit but the wire are usually to tight to get it out on its own.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I asked the same question shortly after getting my SSRX, and was told that there would be no fuel heater present. Apparently they only fit the fuel heaters for use in really, really cold places (and I'm not talking about Scotland)!

Rob
      Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      "You Sir are drunk!"
      "Ahh yes Madam, but you are ugly and in the morning I shall be sober."
      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Robster
        I asked the same question shortly after getting my SSRX, and was told that there would be no fuel heater present. Apparently they only fit the fuel heaters for use in really, really cold places (and I'm not talking about Scotland)!

Rob
        Toyota want £42 + VAT for the fuel heater relay, which i thought was a bit steep!!

Wont get one now!!!

Thanks

darren

Comment

Toyota want £42 + VAT for the fuel heater relay, which i thought was a bit steep!!

Wont get one now!!!

Thanks

darren
          no use getting one anyway as you wont have the fuel heater to connect it to! our surf has one (fuel heater) but im buggered if i know where it is or how much fuel it heats (i think its just the tank?).
          Last edited by kiwi-jim; 3 September 2003, 01:46.
          jim.b.

1990 SSR LTD 2LTE auto
          1985 SR V8 4.4 litre manual

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi-jim
            no use getting one anyway as you wont have the fuel heater to connect it to! our surf has one (fuel heater) but im buggered if i know where it is or how much fuel it heats (i think its just the tank?).
            the fuel heaters are nornally under the diesel filter
            [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
            [size=5][/size]
            [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
              the fuel heaters are nornally under the diesel filter
              under or in the filter? ours only has the water float switch in it, but we do have the fuel heater relay fitted
              jim.b.

1990 SSR LTD 2LTE auto

Comment

under or in the filter? ours only has the water float switch in it, but we do have the fuel heater relay fitted
                the ones ive come across are under the filter,
                [size=5][/size]
                [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

the ones ive come across are under the filter,
                  could this be the infamous fuel heater on top of the filter in the primer pump housing or are they all like this?
                  Attached Files
                  jim.b.

1990 SSR LTD 2LTE auto

Comment

could this be the infamous fuel heater on top of the filter in the primer pump housing or are they all like this?
                    yes, that looks like the fuel heater those wires go to an element inside the aluminium casing
                    [size=5][/size]

Comment

max ellory wiring diag shows the fuel heater on '88 & '91-'93 hilux, not on '91-'93 4runner, and also explains how to remove and test it, but does not say where to remove it from,
                      [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

yes, that looks like the fuel heater those wires go to an element inside the aluminium casing
                        Thats it.
                        It consists of a fuel heater in the fuel filter adaptor, a vacuum switch also in the filter, a relay and a fuse.
                        Unplug the electrical connector, check the resistance between the two wires. There should be 0.7 ohms at 20 degrees C. If not replace the fuel filtercap/fuel heater assembly.
                        There should be no continuity across the vacuum switch terminals when no vacuum is applied.
                        To check the relay there should be continuity between one pair of terminals but not the other. Apply battery voltage to the terminals that have continuity,the relay should click and the terminlas that didn't have continuity should now.
                        This is for the 2L & 3L engines
                        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                        My choice
                        Back off

Comment

Working...
                        X