Bull Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bull Bars

Can anyone tell me if there is a supplier of wrap round bars for a mk3?
    I think a Colorado bar will fit, does anyone know?
    Thanks

Try these people they do a vast range of bars .

http://www.4x4accessoriesandtyres.com/index.html

Comment

bull bars

There were no bull bars for 3rd gen surfs, but after careful examination of a friend Prado I decided to try fitting a Prado bar.

It fits! (with only a little bit of pursuasion.)

Needed was :
      The chassis mounting brackets had alternative holes drilled 2 1/4 inches further back
      I then mounted the bar and used a trolley jack to lift the surf with, so the brackets twisted slightly. This gave a slight rake to match the angle of the grill.
      The supplied flat braceing strips had to be stepped down to go beneath the radiator grille, shortened and the bumper drilled to provide the fixing points.
      I reinforced behind under the bumper with some angle ally, put the grille
      back and voila!

Now I've justy got to put on my 130 Watt driving lamps and we're away.

Comment

Originally posted by adrianrdaw
        There were no bull bars for 3rd gen surfs, but after careful examination of a friend Prado I decided to try fitting a Prado bar.

It fits! (with only a little bit of pursuasion.)

Needed was :
        The chassis mounting brackets had alternative holes drilled 2 1/4 inches further back
        I then mounted the bar and used a trolley jack to lift the surf with, so the brackets twisted slightly. This gave a slight rake to match the angle of the grill.
        The supplied flat braceing strips had to be stepped down to go beneath the radiator grille, shortened and the bumper drilled to provide the fixing points.
        I reinforced behind under the bumper with some angle ally, put the grille
        back and voila!

Now I've justy got to put on my 130 Watt driving lamps and we're away.
        Good job, bit of info for others to.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Working...
        X