leaf springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaf springs

any of you guys running leaf sprung trucks used roughtrax heavy duty springs? sound good, good price,rubber bushes small lift. just worried that being heavy duty they will have too negative an effect on wheel travel off road.
    Diesel, like petrol only better

Milners do leaf springs too!

Comment

Originally posted by openback
      any of you guys running leaf sprung trucks used roughtrax heavy duty springs? sound good, good price,rubber bushes small lift. just worried that being heavy duty they will have too negative an effect on wheel travel off road.
      To be honest, I not found any lift spring over 3" soft enough to flex properly offroad, without a load of junk in the back.

Not sure about the Roughtrax ones. My last set where 3" Procomp springs, and I had the take the big overload leaf, and a smaller one in the main pack out to get them to work nicely offroad. But my truck was quite light at the back with its flat bed and never had to carry much during the day.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        But my truck was quite light at the back with its flat bed and never had to carry much during the day.
        but those heavy bodybags at night were ok???
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
          but those heavy bodybags at night were ok???

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Sumo has Roughtracks heavy duty standard height rear leaf springs fitted on his 1st gen Surf and they have given a lift but are still holding the ride height after 4 years .
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
              Sumo has Roughtracks heavy duty standard height rear leaf springs fitted on his 1st gen Surf and they have given a lift but are still holding the ride height after 4 years .
              but do they flex????
              Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

but do they flex????
                I dunno cos I am usualy behind the steering wheel.But they have never given me any trouble on or off the road.At first they seemed a little firm,but then again you never saw the state of my old ones.Not so much a spring more of a flat bit of metal.Oh yeah the ones I got from Barry @ roughtrax come with grease nipples so you can grease them and they last longer.
                If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

If you're worried about flexing, then how about getting standard springs and then fitting some extended shackles? That's what I've done, but only cos the springs didn't give as much lift as I was expecting! This is on a 1st gen Surf btw.
                  I bought the 1.5" extended shackles from www.supertrux.com
                  Essentially, this way you can use the softer standard springs but still get some lift.

Comment

Working...
                  X