radio/cd options.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radio/cd options.

hi gang..if this is in the wrong forum, i'm sorry..its not a request for installation tips however, so thought this to be an apropiate place..

situation is, i've got what i assume to be the origional, very basic radio..as i don't mind radio 2, i never bothered to get a band expander for it..however, after two years of surf ownership, i think the time has come to chop it in with an upgrade..

problem..i've no aerial..it had one, not electric, but a close shave with a hawthorn bush was the end of that..all that remains is a jagged piece of tubing about half an inch proud of the wing..

what i'd like to know is, where can i locate a basic aerial, and can you recommend a cd/radio that will slot in without too many problems? i'm not planning on attempting the fit myself, the threads put me off that idea, but i understand there is another accessory required to make the union of east meets west a harmoneous one? it would be really cool if someone would just hit me with a shopping list, aerial, adaptor and player combo..i'm not a music conisseur..just something reasonable..

would i be incredibly silly to let the guys at halford fit the radio?

Originally posted by mickey
    hi gang..if this is in the wrong forum, i'm sorry..its not a request for installation tips however, so thought this to be an apropiate place..

situation is, i've got what i assume to be the origional, very basic radio..as i don't mind radio 2, i never bothered to get a band expander for it..however, after two years of surf ownership, i think the time has come to chop it in with an upgrade..

problem..i've no aerial..it had one, not electric, but a close shave with a hawthorn bush was the end of that..all that remains is a jagged piece of tubing about half an inch proud of the wing..

what i'd like to know is, where can i locate a basic aerial, and can you recommend a cd/radio that will slot in without too many problems? i'm not planning on attempting the fit myself, the threads put me off that idea, but i understand there is another accessory required to make the union of east meets west a harmoneous one? it would be really cool if someone would just hit me with a shopping list, aerial, adaptor and player combo..i'm not a music conisseur..just something reasonable..

hi you can get the wiring harness from the shop on here and i have got a jvc radio with 12 cd interchanger from halfords for about £100
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by mickey

Yes, but it would be hilarious watching them have a go!

Comment

point taken bushwhacker..kinda shoots that idea down in flames, ha ha.

Comment

Working...
        X