Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust- LN61

Hi,
    Does anybody know if a rear exhaust section from a later model surf or from a pick-up will fit my 1987 LN61 surf???
    cheers,
    chris
    Powered by Toyota!

Originally posted by chrisinflight
    Hi,
    Does anybody know if a rear exhaust section from a later model surf or from a pick-up will fit my 1987 LN61 surf???
    cheers,
    chris
    the earlier the better, i think 90,91 will fit, after this if I remember right they had a rear resonator box fitted. I think this will still fit but not 100% sure
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Update

Hi,
      Just to summarise- I was looking at alternatives to the £140.00 quoted for a rear section exhaust for my LN61 surf. As I used to have a MK. 2 pick-up and replaced the exhaust on that for £40 odd, I wondered if this would fit as the LN61 is based on the pick-up.

Well I went ahead and ordered a Mk. 2 pick-up exhaust and I had to shorten the pipe in front of the box: Grind off weld on front attachment bracket. Grind off approx. 120mm off the front of the pipe. Re-weld attachment bracket on end.
      This is what I thought I would have to do as I know the pick-up is 6 inches longer than the surf. (LN61/LN65 refers to body length).

The exhaust fits better than the one that came off with more clearance around it and is more tucked underneath the body. I am not sure if this would fit a 1st. Gen with coil springs on rear though.

cheers,
      chris