never thought i'd ask this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• never thought i'd ask this!

i've got a s****ing noise coming from the front... sounds like metal against metal

it's not the brakes
    it stops if i reverse!
    it's not something contacting the drive shaft / props

only thing i can think of is diff problems... low oil maybe???

any ideas?

anyone wanna volunteer to be strapped underneath to listen while i drive??
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Wheel bearings or CV joints?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Wheel bearings or CV joints?
      Hehe, I think he knows what CVs sound like

Comment

Was that a sh!ting or scr@ping noise you were trying to say?

I had one of those once. Wasn't long after a curry. Seriously though, I ran with my rear brake shoes so worn i had metal on metal - i thought it was the brake pad indicators to start with so i ignored it, doh! Sounded like it was the front, until i was driving along one day and decided to pull the handbrake on, hmm, wasn't the front

Could be a stone or something lodged between the disc and backplate - had a few of those too, some only scr@ping when going in certain directions.

(the @ thing is cos the forum doesn't like the word c r a p )

Comment

it doesn't change with braking so i discounted a brake problem... it's a weird one!... i think i'll have a look tomorrow as i was on my way back from work with only a phone for a light! (it didn't get fags very hot either!).

i've tried everything 2wd 4wd turning, braking and the only time it stops it when reversing!... (and then for the first 10 secons of forwards!)

and it's LOUD.... have to drive past u club to post my timesheet and evertyine looks round!... sound's like when it stoips, the wheels will fall off!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
            it doesn't change with braking so i discounted a brake problem... it's a weird one!... i think i'll have a look tomorrow as i was on my way back from work with only a phone for a light! (it didn't get fags very hot either!).

i've tried everything 2wd 4wd turning, braking and the only time it stops it when reversing!... (and then for the first 10 secons of forwards!)

and it's LOUD.... have to drive past u club to post my timesheet and evertyine looks round!... sound's like when it stoips, the wheels will fall off!
            Hi,
            Rob is more likely correct....so ignore the "foreign body" in your brake rotor/pads/calipers at your own behest...BTW it wouldn't necessarily "change with braking" to quote you, anyway, if its something stuck it may take a wee dismantle or a long thin screwdriver to shift it...

Comment

Working...
            X