Bfg Mud Terrain Tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bfg Mud Terrain Tyres

I am thinking of fitting a set of BFG MUDDIES to my 96 third gen, its all standard at the momment. could anyone let me know if they've fitted these and have they had any probs with tyres rubbing i cant afford a lift quite yet, the size i want to fit are 265 75R 16

Originally posted by markyw
    I am thinking of fitting a set of BFG MUDDIES to my 96 third gen, its all standard at the momment. could anyone let me know if they've fitted these and have they had any probs with tyres rubbing i cant afford a lift quite yet, the size i want to fit are 265 75R 16
    If you have no lift, and standard rims, its best to stick to the standard size of 265/70/16.

Check out other recent threads, as small a change as 75 series tyres and non standard rims can cause rubbing.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

If you are after MT's have you looked at some of the alternatives? I can thouroughly recommend the Kumho MT's. True, I have not directly compared them to the BFG's but I have not had any problems with them on or off the road - would definately buy them again, and they were £200 less than the BFG's (set of 5 fitted):
      http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/mud_tyres.htm
      No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Originally posted by codlord
        If you are after MT's have you looked at some of the alternatives? I can thouroughly recommend the Kumho MT's. True, I have not directly compared them to the BFG's but I have not had any problems with them on or off the road - would definately buy them again, and they were £200 less than the BFG's (set of 5 fitted):
        http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/mud_tyres.htm
        Echo - I'm a big BFG fan, but the Kumho MT's are fab... we have two sets on various trucks from 31" to 35" and they hold the road well in the wet and are fab offroad for a lot less money. BFG's are a tiny bit quieter on the road maybe, but otherwise not much to choose between them.
        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
          If you have no lift, and standard rims, its best to stick to the standard size of 265/70/16.

Check out other recent threads, as small a change as 75 series tyres and non standard rims can cause rubbing.

I'll vouch for that !! Stick with standard size, still look good.

Phil

Comment

love my BFG's on my second set, 33 12.50r15s, last set(32 11.50r15s) did over 5yrs, 50-60k miles, on two trucks, still had about 5mm of tread left . again not directly compared the to any other brand, not the sort of thing you can afford to chop and change! but i was so happy with them i bit the bullet and spent £540 on my new set.
            ps running a 4" procomp lift for these tyres, and still needed a very small trim to front valance.
            Attached Files
            Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Thanks guys, but a mate of mine says i'd be better off with BFG A/T, he says their still excellent off road and they're quite a bit quieter on the road??? so i think i'll opt for the A/T's and i'll stick to 265 70r 16. once again thanks.

Comment

Thanks guys, but a mate of mine says i'd be better off with BFG A/T, he says their still excellent off road and they're quite a bit quieter on the road??? so i think i'll opt for the A/T's and i'll stick to 265 70r 16. once again thanks.
                A/T's are pretty good off road, if your only planning to do occasional and more soft-core off roading then A/T's would be a better choice. M/T's on the other hand are not surprisingly much better off road - I love 'em Yes they are noiser but I only notice them around 40mph, slower and they are not noticable, faster and tyre noise is drowned out by engine/wind.
                No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

BFG AT KO's are ace! When I bought mine, I found that Nene Valley Off Road were the cheapest...... but then I had to get them fitted and balanced, so they weren't that cheap!
                  Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

I fitted 265/75R16 BFG A/T's to my 1996 3rd gen on standard suspension and didn't get any rubbing, though it was close in places. Have now got a 2" lift so the tyres are well clear
                    http://www.maninhat.myzen.co.uk/

Comment

Just thought I'd stick my oar in.

I was always a bfg man (had AT's on my 3 previous trucks - OK, they were pajeros but tyres well smart and did all I asked on & off road)

Now in my surf, I wanted BFG AT's on but dealer wouldn't stump up but offered to put on a set of Kumho Venture AT's. Dare I say it but they are as good as the BFG's were. The surf has standard shocks/springs & no lift (yet)

Only gripe is thay only come with 19mm of tread new (the BFG's had 22mm)

Apparently they came in at just over £285 for five, fitted

happy bunny so far

ta

hawaii
                      I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Working...
                      X