Winch fitting for 1991 Surf ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winch fitting for 1991 Surf ?????

I am about to fit 2000lb electric reversible winch to front of my 1991 Hilux Surf - does anybody out there know how it should be done properly or do I guess as normal. hhheeeeellllpppppp!!!!
    Last edited by ldnmustard; 15 September 2005, 02:10.

You could buy a winch bumper and fit it to that or just mount it to a mounting plate. Which ever you choose it needs to fitted to the chassis rails and not just the bumper.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

there was a good write up on here recently on making and fitting a mounting plate for a winch, but cant remeber who did it, do a search.
      2000lbs is a bit weak, i know as I have a 1000lbs trailer winch, towbar mounted to go on rear of truck, to move trailer etc and maybe help pull me out in snow in emergency.
      for offroading etc, and serious winching you would need a 6-8000 lbs winch?
      Landcruiser Colorado
      Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by andycook
        8000lbs is really the minimum for unsticking a Surf. 6000lbs is more a Suzi sized unit. Still, it depends what you want to do with it - size isn't everything
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by andycook
          there was a good write up on here recently on making and fitting a mounting plate for a winch, but cant remeber who did it, do a search.
          2000lbs is a bit weak, i know as I have a 1000lbs trailer winch, towbar mounted to go on rear of truck, to move trailer etc and maybe help pull me out in snow in emergency.

contact ohsupremebeing [chris]. He made up a plan and had a plate made up locally for a v6 4runner [fatcat8 - lee] for fitting a winch
          Gaz

Comment

i have fitted one!

I will happily tell you how i did it! i fitted a 10000lb to my 1991 2.4 using guesswork and a generic plate which my mate sells!

Comment

Originally posted by d1now View Post
              I will happily tell you how i did it! i fitted a 10000lb to my 1991 2.4 using guesswork and a generic plate which my mate sells!
              I suspect after 2 years he might just have done it by now
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

LMAO!

Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

new guide dog required!

Comment

Working...
                  X