idling arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idling arm

hi again just failed my mot on n/s steering idleing arm just wanted to know if this is a big job or not and can anyone post some instuctions on how to do it. the other thing is has anyone had probs with locking wheel nuts ive discoverd some on mine and dont seem to have the socket to go with them dont know if they were standard fitting or put on by the last owner. any help would be gratefull. by the way to update my last thread on the turbo it seems to have cured my smoke prob and running much better thanks for all your input.
    colin oh by the way milners have just quoted £99.80 for replacement anyyone know of anywhwhere cheaper thanks
    Last edited by flashinapan; 22 November 2003, 12:45.

Don't think you ever got locking wheel nuts from the factory, you normally have to hammer a tight titting old socket over them and buy some new ones.

The idler arm is easy if you have a few tools, or get a new/recon one.

DIY here..........

http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/maintenance/idler/

Milner prices.....
    Steering Idler up to 8/1991 004710 £115.00
    Steering Idler 8/1991 - 7/1997 003866 £95.00
    Steering Idler Arm Bushes (2 req) up to 8/1991 005026G £2.00
    Steering Idler Arm Bushes (2 req) 8/1991 - 7/1997 005171G £1.50

I know which option I'd use!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Unless the shaft of the idler arm is heavily rusted you only need to replace the 2 bushes - takes less than an hour and costs about £5

Comment

Originally posted by Elvz
        Unless the shaft of the idler arm is heavily rusted you only need to replace the 2 bushes - takes less than an hour and costs about £5
        Don't forget the balljoint end.If this is worn replace complete idler arm.

Neville

Comment

all done and sorted guys thanks for your input
          Colin

Comment

Working...
          X