brake warning light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake warning light

The last few days my brake warning light has been coming on dimly, I checked the brake fluid, it was on the low level so topped it up, the light went out, but has since been coming on every now and again, any ideas, the front pads seem ok and not to worn.

you could have a dodgy connection on the fluid level plug, check that, also check the hand brake light switch is OK, its under the dash on the lever.

Failing that, its also a warning that the vacuum pump is playing up.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

also try putting just a little bit more fluid in it as it needs to be up to the top of the max line to stop this problem.
      so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

i had that last weekend topped it up & friday it was on again fitted new pads today easyiest pads ive ever changed 10 minute job. pads were on the the borderline of bare metal £12.50 from milners
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

my brake light comes on when reving and off when taking foot off the juice !

obviously a dodgy conection !

Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

i woud suspect the vacuum if that was happening
            so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

Well it has only come on once after i topped it up, the pads dont look to bad, not had the wheel of but looked from under the car, I will see what happens in the next few days.

Comment

Working...
              X