Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing belt

Hi Folks
    has anybody had bother getting a timing belt for a 2.4 efi turbo diesel. I went to our local toyota dealer and got a big story about it being an import he did not stock it and there was none in europe either and they might get some in to the country by next week maybe. Now I got onto Milners and the lassie said she would get one out in the next post for me. All she needed was the model number now thats what I call service.
    Cheers Charlie

Seems to me that as soon as you mention 'import' Toyota don't want to know.

I now get my local garage to phone the dealer for parts as they are much more cooperative for him.
    [color=darkorange]
    [font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]Nick
    1994 3L Turbo. Manual. SSR-X Limited[/size][/font]
    [/color]

Comment

My local garage did mine when I bought it, he had no problem with getting the belt, just a bit of a bugger to get it in he said. He got it from a local parts place, delivered the same day! I found Toyota very scared of these trucks for some reason.

Rab
      Rabbie

"Blossom" she's a 93 2.4td SSRX & we luv her, cost a fortune but we still luv her

Comment

It all depends on the dealer , my local Toyota Garage Yeomans are very good , when I needed a rear light I was quoted £118 from a parts place up north , but Yeomans got it for £48 within 2 weeks , so they are not all bad .

Comment

Toyota cam belts should be easy to find but if you get stuck go to a VW dealer and ask for a '89-'97 diesel Taro cam belt. The Taro has a 2.4 litre diesel engine built under licence from Toyota.

Comment

Timing belt

Try Milners they are very reasonable on their unbranded spares plus they specalise in the hilux range....

My belt came to about £15 posted to you and its with you PDQ
            Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Most dealers are now import friendly, all they need is the VIN No's. You must have found one still living in the stone age and isn't bothered about you.

Tell them you'll go somewhere else, plus tell them 450+ Toyota owners you speak to on a BB also won't go to them anymore!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

got mine from rough trax www.toyotahilux.com £23.20 +vat

Comment

Got Belt

Hi folks just recieved timing belt in this mornings post recorded delivery. It was ordered at 11.10 yeterday morning and it was here at 8.30 this morning from Milners offroad, now I would say that was a great service. I just hope I m as quick at fitting the belt now. Cheers Charlie

Comment

Found the local Toyota dealer was NFI. He lost his franchise and was closed a week later.
                    Steven Eagell in Fenny Stratford, MK, are very helpful and curteous, so I shall certainly use them again.
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

same with our local dealer heard they lost their toyota franchise for importing jap cars selling them on at u.k prices ... Brundles of tottenhill ..it has been taken over by marshall needed starter repair kit still were not interested until i quoted toyota part no i found on forum then no problem ..SIR!! get my drift

Comment

Working...
                      X