Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ! Im Sagging after a spring lift

Anyone know ???

I recently bought some Procomp Springs form Roughtrax with a 1 1/2 " Lift to them. Now I noticed the size difference between them and the markings for the N/S & O/S to compensate for the driver and the fueltank. What i didnt do was get a Panhard Rod Drop Bracket Until i noticed my axle was 3 cm over to the right and that my surf was slightly pulled down on the right hand side due to having a nightmare trying to shift the cab from the rear axle to get the rod attatched. After two weeks of driving, this was starting to annoy me as the camber on the roads was totaly different to my trucks level. So i decided to order a Drop bracket from Explorer UK. It came the next day and i fitted it Immediately. Still sagging a little on the drivers rear side but i thought it would settle down.

So we went to the lakes over the weekend with a fully loaded truck (Me, Wife, Two kids and a heavy dog in the boot and loads of camping gear) me thinking it should settle out after the journey there and back. But it didnt. The only thing that has settled is my Axle is back in the correct place but the Spring has seemed to sag a little more ! I am two cm less on the drivers rear to the opposite side. and the front are both the same level. Also when turning, i have more cab roll when turning left than i do on the right turns. I have called Roughtrax and they are sending me another set of springs out to change over.

Now my question is................

1). If these springs are made in Australia, Is the markings about the N/S & O/S the same way around as us here in the UK ?

2). Could driving around without the bracket being fitted have damaged and weakened the spring ?

3). Could it have been a faulty spring ?

Hope someone can help, CHEERS
    !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

These springs are made in the good ole US. So They are reversed. Basically, the big spring should go where the fuel tank is and vice versa.
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

de`ja` vu anyone?

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=15974

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        de`ja` vu anyone?
        no thanks... i've had some before.
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Oops, my pc crashed when i submitted this post and i didnt think it went through
          !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

Working...
          X