X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vibrating sound

hi all i am new on this forum. something or nothing
    i have recently bought a hilux surf SSRG 96 impor
    it's auto when i am driving and i stop at traffic lights still in D there's is a vibrating sound, it's sounds like it coming from front if i change to N or P the vibrating sound goes away is this a common fault. can some one please let me know what i should do.. vehicle came with 2 year warranty
    thanks in advance
    from Lee5k
    Last edited by LEE5K; 20 November 2003, 04:32.

Vibrating Sound

Lee5K
    I am no expert but maybe worth while having the Torque Converter operation checked in your auto gearbox
    Shane KZN 185 Bribane Aus

Comment

2 year warranty?! Sounds good!

I have a similar problem, it may or may not be related. At certain revs (usually in D), the bonnet vibrates against the black plastic at the bottom of the windscreen, where the wipers are. It might even be the plastic vibrating on the bulkhead - its one of the two.
      I was getting quite worried until I figured it out! When I first heard it, it sounded like it was coming from behind the dash or in the engine bay. I haven't bothered finding a solution yet.
      Hope this helps

Comment

thanks for your reply i will get it checked out after the weekend

Comment

Could easily be a loose exhaust, or some rubber mounts missing. Heat shields under the cab often vibrate loose/rust.

Check for a loose sump guard, wheel trims, etc.... anything that could be rattleing.

When its in park, the motor is loaded up and vibrates at a different frequency to in P or N. If you trust someone enough, get them to have it in D and on the brakes, then crawl around touching things to see if the noise stops. (Hint, use your boot not hand to lean on the exhaust pipe!! )

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

the "glass" cover on the dials of the dash rattles on mine when i get the speed up (around 90-100mph)... not too annoying cos i got a loud stereo!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              If you trust someone enough, get them to have it in D and on the brakes, then crawl around touching things to see if the noise stops. (Hint, use your boot not hand to lean on the exhaust pipe!! )

if you are going to do this please put the handbrake on hard as well.
              [color=darkorange]
              [font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]Nick
              1994 3L Turbo. Manual. SSR-X Limited[/size][/font]
              [/color]

Comment

Look what I just stumbled across whilst looking for something completely different! http://www.flankersolutions.com/
                Weird as it was only this morning that I posted about it!

Funny how I've never heard it talked about before

Comment

Originally posted by malum
                  if you are going to do this please put the handbrake on hard as well.
                  Handbrake is crap on my truck, I never bother with it.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                    Handbrake is crap on my truck, I never bother with it.
                    never use handbrake on surf... but on my truck!! the little muffler thing's missing so it makes a real loud whoosh when you stop!! cushtie!!

keep getting letters from the lbts peeps though!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                      Look what I just stumbled across whilst looking for something completely different! http://www.flankersolutions.com/
                      Weird as it was only this morning that I posted about it!

Funny how I've never heard it talked about before
                      cool! sounds like the exact rattle i get!

Comment

Working...
                      X