What Causes Starting Troubles??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M35A2
    My vehicle has got two batteries fitted, so if they are in good nick, they should be able to cope. Can you get them with a digital timer?? You could then set it to swith on half hour before you start it. Batteries should hold out that long?
    A digital timer is available for them, but it's an extra and not part of the basic kit. With two batteries you should have no problems running for 1/2 hour before start.

Cheers, Paul.

Comment

Do they sell original operators manuals in Canada for SURFS?? Bit too late for me as I have just ordered one, but was looking on the Aussie sites and couldn't see them advertised.

Being a Turbine Engineer you might know about Turbo's???? Can you get a Turbo Guard fitted to a SURF? I am looking for an M35A2 REO, an American 6x6 Cargo Truck. I test drove one last year and that had a turbo guard fitted. Thought it was a good idea!!

What make are the Turbo's on a SURF anyway, the 3.0lt 1KZ Engine??
      I ended up buying a maintenance manual online from Australia myself. Can't find the site at the moment but I'll dig it up.

As for your other questions, I'm a new Surf owner myself so it's a steep learning curve all the way. Not many Right Hand Drive diesels in Canada. I've had some strange looks. I'm sure a guard would go nicely, but haven't looked into it myself. Not sure who makes the turbo, but I know Garrett makes a nice one as a replacement on the 2.4s.

Cheers, Paul

Comment

What make are the Turbo's on a SURF anyway, the 3.0lt 1KZ Engine??
        All Garrett Turbos as far as I know.
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
        X