Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a/c compressor

Hi guys
    Is the front bearing on the compressor replacable, mine seems to be rather nackered (play on pulley)
    Ta everso
    Tony
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Absolutely not.

Just tried to do the same.
    Fine brown dust everywhere... not nice... squealing like a nice one.

If you can find an exact match for the magnetic clutch and pulley, go right ahead. But if the bearing was fried, there may be some damage to the spindle of the compressor, in which case you might as well use it as a door stop and gain 2-3mpg...

Or find one that has the same relationship between the mounting bolts and the pulley.

There is a bolt holding on the pulley (10mm?), and then a krinkly circlip holding on the bearing, and then round circlip holding on the magnetic clutch.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
      Absolutely not.

Just tried to do the same.
      Fine brown dust everywhere... not nice... squealing like a nice one.

If you can find an exact match for the magnetic clutch and pulley, go right ahead. But if the bearing was fried, there may be some damage to the spindle of the compressor, in which case you might as well use it as a door stop and gain 2-3mpg...

Or find one that has the same relationship between the mounting bolts and the pulley.

There is a bolt holding on the pulley (10mm?), and then a krinkly circlip holding on the bearing, and then round circlip holding on the magnetic clutch.
      dont think it's fried but will strip it and have a look, thanks for the pic, that helps a lot
      regards
      Tony
      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
      Tony

Comment

Working...
      X