starting problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting problems

lately when starting my surf mostly when left over night it starts but the engine is very erratic and some times even cuts out if i give it some revs i get alot of black smoke i have had this surf for about a year and i havent ever changed the diesel filter could this be the problem
    any ideas
    cheers fellas

If its black smoke its down to the fuel/air mix. if your air filter is very dirty you will get black sooty smoke. A full filter change would be a good starting point. Only £10+carrage and vat from Milners (on offer at the mo) You may also have some water in the fuel filter. A new 1 would sort it but there is a drain tap at the bottom of the fuel filter.
    BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Originally posted by Grimreeper
      If its black smoke its down to the fuel/air mix. if your air filter is very dirty you will get black sooty smoke. A full filter change would be a good starting point. Only £10+carrage and vat from Milners (on offer at the mo) You may also have some water in the fuel filter. A new 1 would sort it but there is a drain tap at the bottom of the fuel filter.
      thanks for that i have got a new fuel filter but just havnt got round to fitting it
      cheers
      mick

Comment

Originally posted by mick19691
        thanks for that i have got a new fuel filter but just havnt got round to fitting it
        cheers
        mick
        Change the air filter 2
        BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Working...
        X