Mot advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mot advice

Well she passed today, so I've got another 13 months ahead, but he was concerned by the amount of lift on the lower front ball joints. He estimated there was about 20mm of lift, you are allowed lift, but he advised checking how much I should have, and maybe changing them.
    He also advised changing the rear seat belt as there was a dog tooth mark in it (the whole seat belt was replaced last year due to dog chewing), tightening the hand brake (what hand brake says I), and reving the nuts off her before I arrive as the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd emissions test was too high, the 4th came in nice and low (thankfully).

Anyway if anyone knows how much lift you are supposed to have I'd appriciate it (I don't really want to have to change the balls the CV boots took me 6 hours yesterday!!)

Many thanks
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

mmmm 20mm lift thats quite a lot mate... im an mot tester but ive never had a vehicle with that much play in it... we had a vosa special notice about merc sprinters that told us about allowing for 6mm of free play or lift and that seems a lot too!! also the smoke test should be an average of all the accelerations not just the last one ( im not slating whoever did your test put it that way!) ill see what i can find out on the ball joints for you with my vosa man will get back to ya cheers!!
    DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Hi im a mot tester and had a surf in the other day lower swivels or ball joints had about 3mm lift so we failed them 20mm of lift means they are knackerd.

Comment

yeah, does he mean 2mm??... 20mm is 3/4inch!

mine failed on ball joint but other tester i know said he wouldn't have failed it, just advised... but the test centre did lever them with the biggest FJ bar you ever saw!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
        X