Road noise, back door...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road noise, back door...

Done a couple of car boots recently which invoved sitting on the back door tailgate (when it was down)

Since I can hear road noise like I have stressed the hinge maybe.

Can they be adjusted?

If so, how?

Thanks

Originally posted by deggers
    Done a couple of car boots recently which invoved sitting on the back door tailgate (when it was down)

Since I can hear road noise like I have stressed the hinge maybe.

Can they be adjusted?

If so, how?

Thanks
    This happened to mine when it was over loaded with camping stuff. Its probably just the inner skin thats bent - you should be able to bend it back quite easily.
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

the door seal on mine had torn off its clips along the bottom (ouch!) bit of contact adhesive sorted it
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

you should all go on diets and be fit and trim like me!!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
          you should all go on diets and be fit and trim like me!!
          :cough!!!:

Like Linda said, ours was bent after jamming the door shut on to much junk, if you pull the carpet off, and look down with the door shut and the window open, the seal wasn't touching the body. you need to gently pull the inner skin back till it seals nice.
          Getting mud on the inside of the back door above the rubber seal is another givaway if you offroad it.

Then go on a diet!

It takes some bending to happen, but can.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

bent mine putting too much weight on the tail gate, (washing machine I think) I just put some more rubber seal on to make up the gap, looked easier than bending the door and it will probably bend again. I just cut thin strips of camping matt foam and used thick Black tape to hold it in place, doesn't look too bad and is pretty much hidden might need new tape each year,
            Darren

Comment

Working...
            X