Rad removal!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rad removal!!??

Hi chaps, A little advice needed on the proceedure for removal of radiator and fitting new one.I don't have a manual yet and I aint too great with a spanner so my mechanic days start here!! I got a 3.0l 93 td ssrx.
    Any help greatly app.
    It seems that Milners have the best deal on new rad. Would i be correct?
    Cheers folks.

remove pipes... unbolt rad... pull rad out... it's as easy as it looks!...

remember to have a bowl handy cos the ATF will pour out onto the drive otherwise.

remember how you did it and reverse for re fitting.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Ive noticed your always to hand Slug!! Cheers.
      R u sure its that simple?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobafet
        Ive noticed your always to hand Slug!! Cheers.
        R u sure its that simple?
        yeah... there's only 4 bolts holding the rad in... they're into square shaped nuts which sit in slots.
        think i removed the bottom 2 and just loosened the top 2 and lifted out the rad.

4 pipes are 2 coolant (thick pipes) and 2 ATF... just held on with jubilee clips.

you may have to remove the bash plate to get at the bottom of the rad.

may aswell flush and replace fluids while you're there.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
          yeah... there's only 4 bolts holding the rad in... they're into square shaped nuts which sit in slots.
          think i removed the bottom 2 and just loosened the top 2 and lifted out the rad.

4 pipes are 2 coolant (thick pipes) and 2 ATF... just held on with jubilee clips.

you may have to remove the bash plate to get at the bottom of the rad.

may aswell flush and replace fluids while you're there.

of course now someone will now tell me that the 2nd gen is completely different with 25 torx bolts and a triple over head manifold shackle!

Comment

of course now someone will now tell me that the 2nd gen is completely different with 25 torx bolts and a triple over head manifold shackle!
            I'll give it a go this weekend and let ya know.

Comment

It is reasonable easy, the lower left bolt by the steering box is hard to get to.

If you have an underslung rad, you to need to undo it and pull it down to reach the bolt that holds the bottom half of the shroud, and then it unclips half way up, then you can pull the rad out without removing the fan.

Have two drill bits ready to plug the ATF pipes.

Or just remove the fan if you can, it gives you more room to get everything from the top without touching the air con rad underneath.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Actually only 23 torx bolts and they are in a size you can't get the bit for

Comment

Working...
                X