X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a couple of Q's - steering idler and procomp HD steering shock

afternoon

A couple Q's:

When you order a steering idler off milners, what do you get ? new arm, spindle, balljoint and bushes? or the complete unit that bolts onto chassis?

Has anyone tried one of the procomp Heavy Duty steering shocks/stabilisers?
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Originally posted by andycook
    Has anyone tried one of the procomp Heavy Duty steering shocks/stabilisers?
    I've had one of these on for around 12 months now - you don't know it's there, which I guess is sort of the idea. Even with the 32's there's no kickback when off roading but it's one of those things that you don't know how good it is until it falls off (which it hasn't yet). Biggest problem fitting it was getting the old unit off. It's a b***h to get a splitter on the joint and a significant amount of Birmingham screwdriver use was involved
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

I took the old one off last summer, and replaced with a milners one - so it should come off easily, and yes - it was a bu@@er to remove 1st time!,

I guess the £52 HD procomp one came with funny brackets? to fit?
      as its only there uprated £32 one that fits to current mounts?
      Landcruiser Colorado
      Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by andycook
        I took the old one off last summer, and replaced with a milners one - so it should come off easily, and yes - it was a bu@@er to remove 1st time!,

I guess the £52 HD procomp one came with funny brackets? to fit?
        as its only there uprated £32 one that fits to current mounts?
        Yeah - it fits the same place on the passenger side (chassis) and has a bracket at the other end that clamps to the steering arm. Dead easy to fit - you just have to make sure it's clamped on in the right place but the instructions are good.
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

recently fitted a milners steering idler (about a week before finding this site and dicovering you can rebush them, bugger! ) comes as a complete assembly to bolt to the chassis
          be intrested to hear about uprated steering damper, still running with standard unit, about 67k miles and 32" tires no real probs except for a tendancy to pull left, which from looking around here seems fairly common.
          Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Still not sure whether to go for the Procomp uprated ES2000 steering damper
            or the HD one. As the HD one seems to be a lot more hassle to fit, and bound to have problems with the x-member bolts.

is the £35 uprated one noticeably better than the stock one/milners one.
            I put a milners one on last year, noticed no difference.

Running 255/75 r15's - pretty close to standard, but they have a large offset - 13, so stick out a lot futher from body than stock wheels, so thats why I am thinking a uprated stabiliser will help - but a Heavy Duty one maybe overkill!!! ??????
            Landcruiser Colorado
            Sub. Forester

Comment

Working...
            X