Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof bars / cycle carrier for roof

Is there such thing for the Surf?

I need to source something before first week of August (taking the kids camping) and ideally dont want a rear fitting rack. A) Because I doubt it would clear the rear wheel. B) Because I cant be assed taking the rack off every time I want access to the back.

Someone out there must have attached bikes to their Surf. How? How much and where?
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Originally posted by Apache
    Is there such thing for the Surf?

I need to source something before first week of August (taking the kids camping) and ideally dont want a rear fitting rack. A) Because I doubt it would clear the rear wheel. B) Because I cant be assed taking the rack off every time I want access to the back.

Someone out there must have attached bikes to their Surf. How? How much and where?
    Personally the easier option is to get a rear mounted rack, believe me the bike gets VERY heavy when lifting to the roof of a Surf - oh me back

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

You can buy specially canted rear racks that will clear the spare (although depending on the position of your tow bar you will need a spacer....

These guys are good

and they supply the spacer built to whatever length you need

Comment

also try

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/

A recommened company - I have bought roof bars and pendle tow-bar mounted bike racks off them,

cant you also get spare wheel mounted bike carriers>?
        Landcruiser Colorado
        Sub. Forester

Comment

...and if you dont have a tow bar?

What are these spare wheel mounted ones? That sounds like a plan! It only needs to carry two bikes. Mine and my son's. The women of the family 'dont do pedalling'
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

spare tyre bike carrier

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/bikeRec.html

scroll down on above link

But I would ask peoples opinions on here about these spare tyre racks, as someone may have tried one ??
            Landcruiser Colorado
            Sub. Forester

Comment

.....and another ,i bought a paddy hopkirk roof rack and three bike carriers from halfords ,once its set up on the roof it can be lifted of in one piece as and when you need it.suits me as a rear mount clashed with the caravan ,i fit the small bike in the middle and the others on the out side. the side steps help to get up to the rack.
              rack and mounts about £60
              bike carriers x3 £35
              only problem i can see is the total height is a little tall and may cause a problem on the ferry .

Comment

Working...
              X