Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift Kit On Ebay

hi peeps,

does this kit need any more or is it complete ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

Looks complete to me. apart from the WD40

Comment

No radiator drop brackets in the pic. Not hard to make though.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I think you also need to lengthen the gear stick.

Comment

I done a 50mm lift on my SSR limited auto at the weekend and made the 4 rad and the bumber brakets myself its not a difficult job but be prepared to lengthen your gear stick if you have a manual and on the 4WD selector stick you will have to trim the plate that fixes under the center consol,

Ive also heard some people have to lengthen the fuel filler pipe but saying that i didnt have to.
          They can go fast, I can go anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by teegan
            hi peeps,

Looks complete appart from the aforementioned brackets required to lift up the bumper and drop down the rad. If you have the bog standard Jap auto then no gear stick mods are required (if you can live with the Hi-Lo selector being a little lower). At 1 1/2" the steering column might need a little lengthening (use of washers to space out the 'rag joint' is what I did).

You can get away temporarily without the rad drop down brackets by removing the lower fan shroud for a bit. But is there for a reason so lower the rad eventually. The bumper will also go back on okay but will have a silly gap without the brackets.

Nevillef

Comment

Originally posted by teegan
              hi peeps,

i would suggest buying it if price right mate they are a piece of p**s to fit bumper brackets are easy to make rad you can live without dropping but would probably recommend it eventualy, gear lever extensions if you have auto not sure dont think you need to bother manual you dont need to extend but you will have to cut metal shroud around lever this is what i had to do, if you need photos of bumper brackets to work to let me know it took me a day to install it all and a month to get round to putting all trim back on!!!! also it makes more difference to look than you imagine mine looks the mutts(even if i do say so myself) search forum for fitting info theres loads out there

Comment

The reason you lower the rad is the filler should be the highest point of the cooling system and if you rad is higher you will start to get airlocks and at worst over heat.

But droping the rad is easy apart from the bolt half way down on the left as you are looking at the rad is can be a little difficult to get to.

My personal take on leaving the rad where it is would be at your own risk and whilst you have got the bumper and grille off you might as well do it as it only took me 40 mins to make the brackets and relocate the rad.
                They can go fast, I can go anywhere.

Comment

thanks peeps for all yer help see what they do on ebay now

Comment

Originally posted by stevetubbyturbo
                    The reason you lower the rad is the filler should be the highest point of the cooling system and if you rad is higher you will start to get airlocks and at worst over heat.

But droping the rad is easy apart from the bolt half way down on the left as you are looking at the rad is can be a little difficult to get to.

My personal take on leaving the rad where it is would be at your own risk and whilst you have got the bumper and grille off you might as well do it as it only took me 40 mins to make the brackets and relocate the rad.
                    The shroud dosn't line up with the fan unless you lower the rad.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                    X