Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust

Does anyone know if the exhaust for a 94 3ltr is the same as any other model as I have been looking at a stainless system from a company on E-Bay but they seem to have got their models mixed up a bit and now tell me that they need to get hold of a 3ltr to jig up for it.
    If they do manage to sort one out they seem to be pretty good on price as the ones that they are advertising are £289 and that is from the turbo and includes the flexible section.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
    Last edited by paulh; 5 May 2005, 21:50.
    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Originally posted by paulh
    Does anyone know if the exhaust for a 94 3ltr is the same as any other model as I have been looking at a stainless system from a company on E-Bay but they seem to have got their models mixed up a bit and now tell me that they need to get hold of a 3ltr to jig up for it.
    If they do manage to sort one out they seem to be pretty good on price as the ones that they are advertising are £289 and that is from the turbo and includes the flexible section.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
    Just gone back on E-Bay and it looks as if they have sorted out the model probs and are now advertising one for the KZN 130 (up to 1995)http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
      Just gone back on E-Bay and it looks as if they have sorted out the model probs and are now advertising one for the KZN 130 (up to 1995)http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
      Let us know if it fits okay- I'm considering one as well.

Nevillef

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
        Let us know if it fits okay- I'm considering one as well.

Nevillef
        Just ordered one by phone should be with me tuesday, may not get chance to fit it till following weekend but i'll keep you informed.

Paul

Comment

Looks like very good value for money.

Had one fitted recently which went from just behind the flex pipe. Cost over £350 (included a custom two pipe tail pipe though).

One thing to check is that all the metal is good quality stainless steel. If it's all good quality T304 a magnet shouldn't stick.

Rob

p.s. wish I'd've seen this before I bought my system!
          Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

Cool, they do a 3rd gen one too:
            http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4542168810

Comment

Looks like you'll have to hang fire for the report on the 2nd gen system , it arrived this morning and looks nothing like a surf exhaust at all - Down pipe too short - bends to wrong side - no flexi section and tail pipe has never seen a polisher, not impressed called them up straight away and nobody available to deal with it, they are calling me back tomorrow morning I'll keep you posted.

Paul

Comment

Right, got the replacement exhaust this morning, think they sold me the actual one pictured on E-Bay as they ended the auction early, (they are excellent on delivery) and my home grown mechanic fitted it for me this evening.
                Fits like a glove although my lad said it was a pain to fit, he had to drop the rear of the gearbox for some reason just to fit the downpipe.
                It was too dark in the garage to get any pics but I will try as soon as I get chance, not had it on the road myself yet but will be trying it out going to work tomorrow and I am hitching the caravan up tomorrow night for a weekend away so I should be able to give a fair report on it by Monday.
                Just one gripe (couldn't spell criticism) the advertised "polished tail pipe" isn't, it's just raw stainless but I may sort that out later.
                By the way I tried the magnet test and it didn't stick at all.
                Last edited by paulh; 12 May 2005, 21:45.

Paul

Comment

Pics at last

Finally got round to taking the pics of the new exhaust.
                  Attached Files

Paul

Comment

Is it any faster or noisier? (It looks faster)

Comment

Originally posted by NeillOP
                      Is it any faster or noisier? (It looks faster)
                      Hi I got mine from the same company it's for a 92 2.4 fits ok but i do not have a sprare wheel on the rear door,mine fits under the truck.This system did not allow for this and i had to remove one the mounting lugs and re weld a replacement one two inches further away.This allows you to move the spare slightly.Apart from that it's great,is not as noisey but my front pipe was creamed anyway.Also my tail pipe was not polished but the midbox was??? very quick to deliver and you get a liftime guarantee but only time will tell what it's worth.

Comment

Working...
                      X