Damn Milners Wheel Bearings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn Milners Wheel Bearings?

Replaced the front wheel bearings on the left yesterday with Milners ones i bought a couple of years ago and proceeded to "click" all the way into work this morning. All the races were seated perfectly. Al bearing packed with grease and inside the hub. Tightened to 58nm, rotated hub 3 or times left and right, loosened, tightened to 28nm etc. What could i have done wrong or is it a case of crappy wheel bearings. Is it safe to drive on it till i get different ones?
    Help
    Del
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Originally posted by Delboy
    is it a case of crappy wheel bearings. Del
    Mine lasted a week! When Tony took them off the metal had all fragmented - it was just really poor quality. Replaced with Roughtrax ones and no more problems.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Hi Linda! Were they the rear or front ones?
      Derek :
      1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
      [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Hi Linda! Were they the rear or front ones?
        Hi there!!
        Rear - couple of other people moaned about same thing at the same time (round about Chrimbo) guess they may have had a dodgy batch.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

i had all Milners put on the front (both sets) at Christmas time and no probs yet
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Why would they be clicking? Linda, get that man of yours on here!
            Derek :
            1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Sorry - hes not near a Pc til tonight. But I'll ask him if I speak to him.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

What? :yawn: I've had to do 'Real Work' today, I'm tired! Forgot what it was like to leave the house at 7am and come home at 6pm!!!!

Del, don't take this the wrong way, but is everything done up tight? drive plate nuts, wheels nuts, maybe something is stuck in the disc vents? Pull you hub caps off, I've had a drive plate stud break and the nuts rattles around in the hub.

If not check the lock washer isn't touching the hub, or maybe the bearings have a lump on them.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

tried kicking the tyres yet Derek????

Comment

Cheers guys! When i left work last night the clicking had stopped. When i got home i took the hub off and checked the preload and the nuts etc. and everthing was fine. Think it might just have been something rubbing. Happy now, still no clicking!
                    Jim, i never kick my tyres. Might hurt my foot!
                    Derek :
                    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Sorry to revive an old thread.
                      My rear milner wheel bearing has just failed in less than a week, taking with it the seal, ABS ring and sensor You would think if they have had probs in the past they would not sell such junk. Will have to see what they say tomorrow as will be an expensive job and I will not be happy to use any more of the same kit.

Comment

Originally posted by marknj
                        Sorry to revive an old thread.
                        My rear milner wheel bearing has just failed in less than a week, taking with it the seal, ABS ring and sensor You would think if they have had probs in the past they would not sell such junk. Will have to see what they say tomorrow as will be an expensive job and I will not be happy to use any more of the same kit.

Order a new bearing today from Roughtrax. Send the c**p bearing back to Milners. Say you don't want a new bearing as they are c**p and demand 10 oil filters instead for your wasted time & money. Otherwise you will mention their quality on this forum.....

It's a b*gg*r having to refit the bearing after a only a week. Exactly the same thing happened to me so I didn't want to fit a cruddy Milners one again. Still- I have a nice stock pile of oil filters now.....

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
                          Order a new bearing today from Roughtrax. Send the c**p bearing back to Milners. Say you don't want a new bearing as they are c**p and demand 10 oil filters instead for your wasted time & money. Otherwise you will mention their quality on this forum.....

It's a b*gg*r having to refit the bearing after a only a week. Exactly the same thing happened to me so I didn't want to fit a cruddy Milners one again. Still- I have a nice stock pile of oil filters now.....
                          Never got my money back...... rang them a couple of times but they just said it must have been fitted wrongly... yeah right - it was ****py and cheap. You could tell the difference by comparing it to the excellent Roughtrax one, or the old Toyota one.
                          Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

This was the old thread for part numbers. http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...&highlight=BRT

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                              This was the old thread for part numbers. http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...&highlight=BRT
                              Page 2 of that thread has some good pics on it!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                              X