Urgent Help Required - no steering !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help Required - no steering !!

I seem to have lost the steering on the surf.

The steering wheel can be turned in complete circles with an awful noise coming fron the steering box. Wheels only barely move whilst doing this.

As ever, it could not have occured at a worse time.

Any ideas gratefully received

phil

is power steering fluid level at correct level?
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by andycook
      is power steering fluid level at correct level?
      Hi Andy, thanks for the quick reply. Fluid level seems to be correct. Just been out for a second look and I'm sure its the power steering pump. I should have mentioned earlier the symptoms are very intermittent power assistance. The output shaft on the pump seems to be trying to seize. The steering is impossibly heavy and vibrates a lot. Sorry should have given more detail earlier.

Anyone changed a pump ? cost etc?

phil

Comment

Originally posted by boxertwin
        Hi Andy, thanks for the quick reply. Fluid level seems to be correct. Just been out for a second look and I'm sure its the power steering pump. I should have mentioned earlier the symptoms are very intermittent power assistance. The output shaft on the pump seems to be trying to seize. The steering is impossibly heavy and vibrates a lot. Sorry should have given more detail earlier.

Anyone changed a pump ? cost etc?

phil

Hi Phil, I have a spare pump and steering box I would be willing to sell. If your interested call me 07740 337153
        I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Working...
        X