Help Needed With Steering.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed With Steering.

I posted a question about my dodgy steering, and I was told to go and check my steering idler arm.

I have checked it, and sure enogh it has about 3mm play in it. I take it there is only one steering idler arm, as on the right hand side is the steering box!!!! Am I right,.

There also seems to play in all the other ball joints within the steering!!! As I have no manual, it is difficult to know what to ask for at Milners. I know for sure that I need this, should I just try one thing at a time? Or can someone point me in the direction, to get a manual.

Many Thanks

Peter G

the steering box has a pitman arm . if it's loose i'd replace it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
      the steering box has a pitman arm . if it's loose i'd replace it too.
      Pitman Arm. Which one is this?

I look at the steering box, and coming from the bottom of the steering box is a shaft., and attatched to this is a arm (it appears to be on a spline), is this the "Pitman Arm"?

Thanks

Peter G

Comment

Originally posted by peterg
        Pitman Arm. Which one is this?

I look at the steering box, and coming from the bottom of the steering box is a shaft., and attatched to this is a arm (it appears to be on a spline), is this the "Pitman Arm"?

Thanks

Peter G
        Pictures showing what parts are what were already posted for you on the thread you started yesterday
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by peterg
          I have checked it, and sure enogh it has about 3mm play in it.
          Peter G
          That's an MOT fail!

Nevillef

Comment

Working...
          X