X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Land Cruiser Axle has a A02B Diff. The Surf Diff is A02A

Attached Files

Comment

Using your vehicle details it has a 4.1 ratio diff.

Comment

Thanks Nev,

So my Toyota Hilux Surf Gen3 axle A02A has a 4.1 ratio diff

And my
        Toyota Land Cruiser Colorado Prado 95 Series has A02B Differential

So is the below info wrong ?

4.100 diff no LSD possibly Difflock A01B
        4.300 Diff no LSD possibly Difflock A02B
        4.300 Diff with LSD A02A
        4.100 Diff with LSD A01A

Comment

There's different info on the net about what code is what ratio, so I'm as confused as everyone else. I got the info on yours from the Toyota EPC. Only way to know for sure is to check ratio and type of diff using the details I supplied before. So jack it up and check.

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
            There's different info on the net about what code is what ratio, so I'm as confused as everyone else. I got the info on yours from the Toyota EPC. Only way to know for sure is to check ratio and type of diff using the details I supplied before. So jack it up and check.
            I agree with that, as you never know if previous owner changed the ratio, so if they did, vin plate won't be trusted
            the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Good Point ! One never knows what's been done by previous owners ! My Surf has got some interesting history, It came from Australia, and spent some time in France launching a boat ! I got it from Preston.... 5 years ago.

Comment

I had a great mechanic friend go through my rear brakes on Sunday. I learnt how to adjust them now, Everyday is a school day !

Today, (Tuesday) I took the Toyota hilux Surf Gen3 back for the MOT Re-Test and it PASSED on the Brakes !!! Woo Hoo

Rear Brakes are great now and it has a better handbrake too ! Happy Days !

Comment

Working...
                X