yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Can't Believe it's Not Butter! Running your Surf on Veg Oil!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Can't Believe it's Not Butter! Running your Surf on Veg Oil!

OK, I admit, I thought it was a joke when I first read it, but on closer inspection running your surf on veg oil appears to be for real! In fact it sounds to be a little too good to be true: cheaper running costs, cleaner for the environment, and fewer engine deposits so less wear and tear. (If you don't believe me have a look at: http://dieselveg.com/)

So if it really is that good why isn't everyone doing it!!

I'd be interested in finding out everyone's view on this (especially from anyone who already has a Surf that may smell like a chip shop).

Cheers,

Rob

p.s. I really hope that it's not April 1st (I know it's close!)
    Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Originally posted by nednil

Cheers,

Rob

half the forum are, do a search, half the server is stuffed full of veg oil stuff!!!!!!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

OK, I admit, I thought it was a joke when I first read it, but on closer inspection running your surf on veg oil appears to be for real! In fact it sounds to be a little too good to be true: cheaper running costs, cleaner for the environment, and fewer engine deposits so less wear and tear. (If you don't believe me have a look at: http://dieselveg.com/)

I'd be interested in finding out everyone's view on this (especially from anyone who already has a Surf that may smell like a chip shop).

Cheers,

Rob

People thought that about the flux capacitor. Some people are so over cautious.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Cheers,

Rob

it doesnt smell that much i have a mate that runs on it and u can only smell it from inside when the back window is down and then its not too bad a smell, he runs on new stuff tho,

Comment

I did it for about 4 months
          works a treat
          i only stopped when my head went for other reasons and got paraniod!
          if it was available at the pumps i would do it all the time, but for me its just a pain in the ar$e getting the bottles constantly from tesco and filling it up by hand.....

Originally posted by Ste00
          it doesnt smell that much i have a mate that runs on it and u can only smell it from inside when the back window is down and then its not too bad a smell, he runs on new stuff tho,
          2 Tone Mud Master!
          http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Comment

Remember, if your caught running veg oil, you're up against the same penalties as using red deisel, its all tax fraud. You need to regester with them as a biodeisel user, and they'll send you a form every month to declare how much veg oil you've used, and send you a bill for the duty owed. Then you can drive around happily knowing you've not short changed the beloved chanceller on his cut , while still your doing your bit for the planets future.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              ...... knowing you've not short changed the beloved chanceller on his cut .......
              Is it something to do with being called Tony ?
              Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
                Is it something to do with being called Tony ?
                No, its polite sarcasam. Can't type what I really think, it'll just come out like *!*!*!* *!@@**.

Comment

still, 6 weeks we'll have a new beloved chancellor to lie to errrr send cheques to...
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

didn't I read somewhere that you need pre-heaters if you run veg oil to prevent the head from being damaged?

Comment

probably only if you are running a high %age veg oil in the cold.
                      Morr knows morr
                      Tim
                      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                        probably only if you are running a high %age veg oil in the cold.
                        Morr knows morr
                        You called??

Yep, pre-heaters are generally only used if you wish to run on 100% veggie, or higher concentrations in colder climes/weather or sometimes with used oil.
                        For new oil, I run up to about 75/80% veggie in Summer, dropping to around 33% when there's the likelyhood of frost. No pre-heaters required for my vehicle at this level of usage.
                        Maurice
                        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

75% - wow - thought i was being pushy at 30%!
                          Dave

Comment

WOW, so I could fill a third of my surf up now with oil and it would make no difference>>?

If anyones got any advice from running themselfs could you e-mail me please??

many thanks

sparkyaj@hotmail.com

Comment

They were DIPPING FUEL TANKS in TRAFFORD-PARK yestereday allsorts of vehicles being checked not just HGV & VANS. So be careful!
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                              X