Changing rear wheel bearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing rear wheel bearing

Hi guys, I’m just after a bit of advice please.
    I wanted to changed the rear shoes but on inspection found one side had oil in the drum, thinking it was brake fluid I changed the cylinders too. After a while the brakes started to stick again and I found oil in the drum again which I presumed was now diff oil.
    ive took out the half shafts and replaced the inner oil seal and o ring, but now realised the passenger side wheel bearing has lots of play in it sideways.
    I’m going to order the bearing kit off rough trax but have read that it needs pressing out and I think that’s a bit too much for me to take on. I’ve tried 3 garages who said they can’t do it.

so my question is, does anyone know where I can take the half shaft for the bearing replacing, I live in Rotherham and don’t mind travelling an hour or so, if anyone knows somewhere I can have it done i would really appreciate it.
    thank you

any garage/engineering/service shop with a hydraulic press should be able to press out a bearing and in with the new one, its a pretty standard job and should only take 5 mins, i would help but am the other end of the country

Comment

That’s what I thought, it took until the 6th attempt of asking to find a garage that would do it. I should be picking half shaft up tomorrow hopefully, thank you for offer, I just hope they don’t damage my half shaft or I’m gunna be shafted, excuse the pun

Comment

Working...
      X