What is the point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the point?

I will make this one quick. Just got my first surf (some of you know im sure) and im discovering more and more thingies!!!
    1. Got turbo Pressure boost control at my left ankle Greeady or other spellin
    2. Got K&N induction kit with big red meshy stuff over it
    3. Got 4" 5Szingn or similar spelin Stainless exhaust
    4. Big country shocks have no clue about them
    5. Big Blue springs think its raised with strutts and the such
    6. Turbo Pressure Guage and ex temp guage
    Now to me this is all performance stuff but Christ wheres all my diesel gone! What do you guys think of all this pros cons as im very tempeted to take the stuff off and go stock because she really is drinking the joos!
    if you want picies let me no.

we need pictures! and you dont want any of that stuff its bad for you, give it to me , now!
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

You want pics hav'em

You want pics, hav'em, will see about the bitts cos if it is them causing my consumption then they will deff be goin!
      What does the adjustable valve actually do i no it work just dont no what its doing and dont want to play to much in case it falls off!!!!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Trust Variable Valve Controller

"The Trust Variable Valve Controller (TVVC) is the ultimate automotive manual boost controller. Designed specifically for automotive use, this unit is built form high quality billet aluminum and oil and heat resistant seals. A locking and clicking dial insure precise adjustments of boost in either Actuator /Integral or Poppet/ External style wastegates. Can be mounted in the engine or the driver's compartment."

Its for adjusting the boost pressure of the Turbo.

the intake might be using more fuel, as it'll let more air in, so the truck will gobble more fuel as well, but if you keep your foot out of the carpet, MPG won't change. You probably don't need it on a diesel truck, unless you know the correct boost pressure, and have built the motor to suit and messing with it won't gain much performance, its more for the 'fast and furious' wannabees.

The springs and shocks look like 2" lift at the most, which is good for the Surf.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

turbo valve

thanks for that. do you know if it would be a big job to remove the valve and the induction kit as it is most deffinatly heavy on gas. im hoping to keep the exhaust but if its playing with my consump it will have to go. so any fast and furious wannabees who want this stuff let me know. where can i get an origional air box from cheap as poss.

Comment

I will find a home for the exhaust if it has to go...

Or you can swap it with mine...

andyL

Comment

Working...
            X