exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust

i am in need of a new rear section exhaust i have a mate at a tyre and exhaust place and it dont seem to be in any of his books , anyone know of a code/part number and suplier that he can order it from or is it a case of order it from milners? then get him to fit it?
    so much to do , so little money , so little time

Milners should have them, also look for a 3lt 93-95 4Runner one. (not sure if the 2.4 and 3.0 have different pipe diameters. should be the same shape at least, but you could alway use a adapter)
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Yep - got mine from Milners a couple of months back after I (ahem) bent it a bit..... www.milneroffroad.com
      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        Milners should have them, also look for a 3lt 93-95 4Runner one. (not sure if the 2.4 and 3.0 have different pipe diameters. should be the same shape at least, but you could alway use a adapter)
        As far as i remember the 2.4 is 2" and the 3.0 is 2.5", this was a mod recommended a while back from one of the guys on the Australian site. Helps get rid of the gases quicker (less heat build up) and improves performance slightly.
        If you fit the 3.0 one on the 2.4 it will need bending and tweaking in places as the configuration is slightly different.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

I've never used a std replacement exhaust. I find you can get a bigger diametre pipe custom bent for cheaper than a std item (in Australia anyway). Even if your not getting the whole system replaced, price a custom 2.5" pipe for the section you need replaced and compare it to the std item. Then, when you get round to it, it will be cheaper to go a bigger system.

With a turbo charged motor you can get away with a single muffler as the turbo reduces alot of the bark. Bigger diametre exhaust= faster turbo spool.

2.5" is plenty big enough for a 2.4TD, your Turbo would "spool up" quicker with a 3" section off the turbo(dump pipe) but then reduce it to 2.5" for cost. As the exhaust travels along the exhaust, to gas temp drops, so it requires smaller diametre pipe . If I had a 3.0L I'd look at a full 3.0" exhaust. Mandrel bent is better, but crush bent is much cheaper.
          91 SSR ltd 2.4td Wine over grey. Currently on head #2.
          89 Mazda MX6 2.2 lt turbo.

Comment

Crusty
            It seems that you may know a little about exhaust pipes.
            It has been suggested ( by an exhaust shop ) that I go for a 2.5" back from the Flex Joint for a feasible performance increase.
            What are your thoughts on this???
            Currently running a 2.4LT with 2.0"pipe and 9.5 psi boost
            Keen to hear from you
            Simon.O.
            '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

Originally posted by simono
              Crusty
              It seems that you may know a little about exhaust pipes.
              It has been suggested ( by an exhaust shop ) that I go for a 2.5" back from the Flex Joint for a feasible performance increase.
              What are your thoughts on this???
              Currently running a 2.4LT with 2.0"pipe and 9.5 psi boost
              Keen to hear from you
              Don't know about Crust's view but I think that if you want to improve the performance then the front pipe is the one that needs changing as I think Crusty has said, a bigger dump pipe will enable the Turbo to spin up faster. I think that increasing the size back from the front pipe will probably not make a lot of difference without increasing the diameter of the Dump pipe to 2.5 or 3 inches.

By the way my local exhaust shop uses the 3litre petrol exhaust pipe and modifies it to fit the 2.4 L surf as they can't get the proper 2.4 surf one. I think that this is a 2.5" pipe.
              Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X